KM
Posted By
Kent McPherson
Jan 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I print a picture by sending it to a commercial printer, i.e. Walmart or Costco, the print looks almost identical to what I see on my screen. When I print it locally to my own HP Photosmart 8250 photo printer, it has a yellowish cast I guess is the best way to describe it. The color is much different than what I see on the screen and what I get from a commercial print. What do I do to get better local prints? I’m using HP ink and HP photo paper too by the way.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 9, 2008
"Kent McPherson" wrote in message
When I print a picture by sending it to a commercial printer, i.e. Walmart or Costco, the print looks almost identical to what I see on my screen. When I print it locally to my own HP Photosmart 8250 photo printer, it has a yellowish cast I guess is the best way to describe it. The color is much different than what I see on the screen and what I get from a commercial print. What do I do to get better local prints? I’m using HP ink and HP photo paper too by the way.

Often the printer software will allow for adjusting the printer. I might also suggest that the commercially made print may have been adjusted and not a straight print. You may need to do some adjusting of the images. Your monitor could be off. It may have a software based adjustment as well.

Good Luck

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
R
Roberto
Jan 9, 2008
Do yourself a favor and Google "Color Management" to get an idea on why this happens. Since you don’t state what software or even what operating system you are using it’s hard to say but you might be double profiling. Basically setting your *color* aware software to print while still maintaining the printer software to also use it’s profile. Like I said, Google it to get a better understanding on how all this works.
dotcom

"Kent McPherson" wrote in message
B
Bob AZ
Jan 10, 2008
On Jan 9�What do I do to get better local prints? �I’m using HP ink and HP
photo paper too by the way.

Start with a test print. And if appropriate a nozzle check.

Bob AZ

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections