JS
Posted By
John Swan
Sep 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a client using Photoshop 7, Clients running Windows 2000 or XP, Server running Windows 2000 Native mode Domain.

The issue I am seeing is that when a document is opened locally from the workstation drive in Photoshop and then saved to the network mapped drive the file permissions are ‘copied’ from the client to the network drive, ie no one else can open file because only user, administrators have rights to file. The folders all have appropriate rights assigned and inherit permissions checked. I have tried several different folders and different servers. It appears that for whatever reason the inherit permissions field is cleared when the file is saved.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Swan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Sep 10, 2003
John,

Save to the local HDD and Copy across to the network drive. Much safer!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections