CK
Posted By
Cassandra_Killingsworth
Dec 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working on a project where I have a photo of a child face and I need to transform that image into a sketch. How do you do that and can it be done with photo shop version 8…If not can cs3 change the image…Please help me out…cassandra

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

H
Ho
Dec 18, 2007
There are a LOT of tutorials you can follow or Actions you can download that will accomplish this. For a quick no-brainer, try Filter>Sketch>Charcoal with a dark gray foreground and white background. Play with the sliders till you get something you like.

<http://imageshack.us>
CK
Cassandra_Killingsworth
Dec 18, 2007
Thanks Ho… that’s exactly what I’m needing. Can color be added, and can you manipulate the expressions of a sketch like shes smiling can you change to a blank expression or close her eyes.
H
Ho
Dec 18, 2007
Adding color can be done easily enough. Your other questions make me think that either you don’t know a lot about Photoshop or you’re just having a laugh at my expense. If you’re a beginner, just stick to creating the sketch and let’s leave it at that.
CK
Cassandra_Killingsworth
Dec 18, 2007
Your right..I’m a beginner, I know nothing…LOL…So I’m not teasing you, Just give me one or two pointers on how to change a expression. THanks Cassandra
JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 18, 2007
Go to Filter > Liquify and play around. Work on a copy not the original!
TH
Tam_Hartell
Dec 18, 2007
For heaven’s sake. Take an art class and learn to draw. No piece of software is a substitute for learning and skill.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 19, 2007
feel better now tam? 🙂
P
Peter
Dec 19, 2007
wrote in message
I’m working on a project where I have a photo of a child face and I need to transform that image into a sketch. How do you do that and can it be done with photo shop version 8…If not can cs3 change the image…Please help me out…cassandra

I know of tow methods.
1. Using PS copy to a new layer(s) and keep bumping the contrast up. You will have to play with the layer properties;

2. Corel PainterX will do an excellent job. The program is PS compatible (8 bit mode only,) has a learning curve, but is lots of fun once you get the hang of things. It is good for making original digital images and turning photos into painting like images and has a great sketchbook and other manipulative capabilities. Not sure what the price is, though. Also, Wacom tablets come with Painter Essentials, full version.

Corel has a trial version on its website, including some basic use tutorials.

Peter

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections