BB
Posted By
Beka_Bug
Dec 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I go to Show > Smart Guides it turns Snap off. Make sure they’re both on.

I thought I was losing my mind…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KL
Kurtis_L_Harris
Dec 20, 2007
I’m using Photoshop CS3 Extended version 10.0.1 on Windows XP Sp2.

Until I let it install the latest updates this morning, guides would snap to the edges and/or center of layers, selections, and layer content just fine. Since installing the new updates, guides will snap to edges but will no longer snap to the center of a layer, selection or content. View > Smart Guides is checked, View > Snap is checked, and all the options I can check under View > Snap To are checked.

I’ve been using Adobe products for years, and this is the first time I’ve had a problem, so I haven’t used the forums before, and I’m not having much luck searching the Adobe site, at least with the terms I’m using. Am I the only one experiencing this, or does anyone have any other suggestions to try?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections