KL
Posted By
Ken_Lavine
Dec 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS ver 10.0.1 on a Vista Home Premium computer. After creating a photomerge file (Untitled_Panorama1), use of the Save As command results in a hang. Any click causes the computer to bark at me. Esc causes the hang to cease. But it will hang again if I try Save As again. Additionally, the File Info command returns an error message that reads "Could not complete the File Info command because of problem with the File Info module."

If I attempt to close the Untitled_Panorama1 file, I get a window asking: "Save changes to the Adobe Photoshop document "Untitled_Panorama1" before closing? (Yes) (No) (Cancel)". Clicking "Yes", causes the window to disappear, but the image file remains and nothing was saved.

The only way I’m able to save the file is to use either "Save for Web", which works as advertised, (which saves a .jpg file) or to paste the image into a newly created file. The "Save As" command will work after pasting into a new file.

Flattening the photomerged file makes no difference.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PB
Paul_Boyce
Dec 21, 2007
I’m using PS 10.0.1 on an XP machine. After I create the 5-photo merged image then try to save it as a jpg, I get the following error message: could not save a copy as "c:\…\filename.jpg" because the file is already in use or was left open

No matter what I do, it will not save it as a jpg, regardless of what name I give it.

Your suggestion of pasting the image into a newly created file, then saving seems to be a good workaround. Thanks.
DL
daffodil_lim
Dec 25, 2007
Hi,

Try uncheck "Enable Version Cue" under Edit | Preferences | File Handling | Version Cue.

Regards,
Daffodil

On Dec 17, 6:15 am, wrote:
I am using PS ver 10.0.1 on a Vista Home Premium computer. After creating a photomerge file (Untitled_Panorama1), use of the Save As command results in a hang. Any click causes the computer to bark at me. Esc causes the hang to cease. But it will hang again if I try Save As again. Additionally, the File Info command returns an error message that reads "Could not complete the File Info command because of problem with the File Info module."

If I attempt to close the Untitled_Panorama1 file, I get a window asking: "Save changes to the Adobe Photoshop document "Untitled_Panorama1" before closing? (Yes) (No) (Cancel)". Clicking "Yes", causes the window to disappear, but the image file remains and nothing was saved.

The only way I’m able to save the file is to use either "Save for Web", which works as advertised, (which saves a .jpg file) or to paste the image into a newly created file. The "Save As" command will work after pasting into a new file.

Flattening the photomerged file makes no difference.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections