ARRGGH!! What’s with getting correct print size?

CC
Posted By
Curtis Croulet
Nov 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m about to swear off digital photography and go back to 35 mm film, because then I can be sure of what I’m going to get, without spending an afternoon wasting ink and paper.

I’m using PE 4. If I try to print a snapshot on 4×6 photo paper, even though the preview display shows the print with white borders on the sides (which is what I want since it’s the only way to get the entire photo), what actually comes out is expanded to fit the 4×6 paper, cutting off legs and heads. I haven’t found any setting that gives me control over this. How can I get the print to match what I see in the preview display? —
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RG
Roy G
Nov 29, 2007
"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message
I’m about to swear off digital photography and go back to 35 mm film, because then I can be sure of what I’m going to get, without spending an afternoon wasting ink and paper.

I’m using PE 4. If I try to print a snapshot on 4×6 photo paper, even though the preview display shows the print with white borders on the sides (which is what I want since it’s the only way to get the entire photo), what actually comes out is expanded to fit the 4×6 paper, cutting off legs and heads. I haven’t found any setting that gives me control over this. How can I get the print to match what I see in the preview display? —
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
CC
Curtis Croulet
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks. I’ll try your suggestions.

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
CC
Curtis Croulet
Nov 29, 2007
….but I’m still annoyed that the print preview is not accurate as to what is actually going to print.

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
B
Bob AZ
Nov 29, 2007
On Nov 28, 6:54�pm, "Curtis Croulet"
wrote:
…but I’m still annoyed that the print preview is not accurate as to what is actually going to print.

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
33�27’59"N, 117�05’53"W

Curtis

I am annoyed about this also. But after a few thousand prints this year I am slowly finding out that the printer setup, the RIP software that I am using and the printer driver in the computer all need to be coordinated.

With the printer I use most of the time, an Epson 4800, there are some printer driver settings in the layout part of the printer driver that make unwanted corrections if I am not careful.

So hang in there and spend some time learning all the vagarities. It will pay off.

Bob AZ
C
Charley
Nov 29, 2007
You could have an incorrect setting in your printer software that’s causing this.

Charley

"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message

I’m using PE 4. If I try to print a snapshot on 4×6 photo paper, even though the preview display shows the print with white borders on the sides (which is what I want since it’s the only way to get the entire photo),
what
actually comes out is expanded to fit the 4×6 paper, cutting off legs and heads. I haven’t found any setting that gives me control over this. How can I get the print to match what I see in the preview display? —
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections