DK
Posted By
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just recently I was trying to work in photoshop, but I realized that the tools do not seem to work right. If I use the erase tool, or the mask tool with the gradient it is garbles and pixel-like instead of being is usual smoothness.

This is what happens when I use the mask tool:
< http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/RPGStatsPics/prevprob lem.jpg>

I tried to reset the preferences, but that did not work either. Photoshop has done this once before, but I can’t remember how I solved the problem.

Need help,
D

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 15, 2007
do you have a tablet? is the mouse or pen too close to it when not using it?
DK
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 15, 2007
Yes I do have a tablet. However, it is sitting in its holder just like it had always been.

D
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 15, 2007
move the tablet stylus and or tablet mouse away from the tablet. way way away, and see if that helps.
DK
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 15, 2007
Nope, no change. Everything is still messed up. I guess I will just have to uninstall Photoshop and install it again… Hopefully, that will work.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 15, 2007
I tried to reset the preferences, but that did not work either.

when you say you tried, did you succeed? did you delete the file or get the dialog asking if you want to reset the preferences? (gotta ask, sorry. sometimes people say that then it turns out they didn’t actually reset them, wasting like 20 posts trying to figure that out. <g>)
DK
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 15, 2007
Yes, I actually deleted them. Gone. POOF. Lol.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 15, 2007
that’s freaky (looking back at your example with the mask tool.)

it LOOKS like you’re getting some interference from the tablet. how about for giggles, remove the tablet from the system (unplug the usb cable), reboot and go back into photoshop and see if it’s STILL messed up.
DK
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 16, 2007
Nope, that didn’t work either.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2007
man. i’m stumped! anyone else?

(last shot, can you delete the prefs again after disconnecting the tablet?)
DK
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 16, 2007
Tried that already. I am currently totally uninstalling the program and re-installing it.
DK
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 16, 2007
GRR! That didn’t work either! How frustrating….. >.<

Any have any other ideas?
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2007
seems like a lot, but how about installing under a new user (admin rights) account? we’ve occasionally (rarely, but sometimes) seen os account corruption cause weird problems with seemingly no solution.
DK
Deadra_Kolker
Dec 16, 2007
Hmm, I only have one account on this computer and I don’t want to make another one. This happened once before, but I can’t remember how I solved the problem. *strains brain*
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2007
i’m not saying you have to keep it, you could delete it later. just saying that that would eliminate a corrupt acct. prob.

oh well. sorry. hopefully someone will come by with some better ideas.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections