Preferences file with Vista – where is it?

JE
Posted By
Jody_Ellis
Dec 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK, I am so frustrated. I am running Windows Vista on a computer that is about a month old. I installed a licensed copy of Photoshop CS3, updated it properly and it ran like a dream for a month. Then last week it sent a message and said it needed to shut down. Then it wouldn’t open again. When it started to open, Vista said that it needed to shut down and it would search for a solution (it didn’t find one). So I thought well, it’s probably the preferences file but when I tried to find it in USer/Username/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS3 etc, etc I could not find the preferences file to delete it. Could somebody please tell me EXACTLY where to find it?
Since then I have deleted PS3, reinstalled and it ran but when I updated it to the latest version it died again. I can’t keep installing, deleting and reinstalling. Help!!
Thanks,
j.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Charlie_Choc
Dec 15, 2007
User/Appdata/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings —
Charlie…
http://www.chocphoto.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections