JE
Posted By
Jody_Ellis
Dec 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having exactly the same problem. Photoshop CS3 was running fine for months and then I got a message that it needed to close. I reinstalled and it worked but then I had to update Bridge and now it doesn’t work again. I get the same message you are getting. Did you figure out a way to get in or did you have to reinstall again?
j.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SK
Stevie_Knuth
Dec 16, 2007
CS3 on 32 Bit Vista Ultimate

The same problem occurs on my system. I can´t specify one particular Update, but after the Auto-Updater has done his job I can see the same behaviour. Reinstallation didn´t fix it!

One interesting point: The problem is focussed on Standard-User Accounts with limited rights.

If you run PS with Administrator Rights you will have no problems.

Stevie
RL
Reinhard_Lindner
Dec 16, 2007
Jody, so sorry to say that so far I have not been successfull.

Stevie, I am the administrator on my system and I have all rights – and all the problems.

Reinhard
RL
Reinhard_Lindner
Dec 16, 2007
Just tried with explicit administrator rights (right click on Photoshop and ‘run with administrator rights’. The only effect, it took Photoshop a while longer to give me the same error message. Seems we got a bug with the last update from Adobe.

Maybe someone from Adobe could respond. One can at least hope for that.

Reinhard
JE
Jody_Ellis
Dec 18, 2007
Have you heard anything? I finally got mine to run…by uninstalling Nix Photo Efex Pro. Now, I my copy of Photoshop will open. Before this happened, the Nix software was running fine as was CS3.
j.
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 18, 2007
Maybe someone from Adobe could respond. One can at least hope for that.

Don’t count on it. These are the user to user forums. But hopefully someone will take the issue to Adobe Customer Support and then report back here.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections