J
Posted By
JCO
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, this may be dumb but I need help understanding.
I have an .esp file from Adobe Illustrator that I want to open with Photoshop.
When I click on the file, the Acrobat Distiller comes up. It has a progress bar but nothing happens. Not sure what I’m suppose to do. I want to open this in PhotoShop so I can at least convert it to a displayable jpg or gif (or even html).

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

W
westin*nospam
Apr 30, 2004
" JCO" writes:

You meant EPS, didn’t you?

When I click on the file, the Acrobat Distiller comes up. It has a progress bar but nothing happens. Not sure what I’m suppose to do. I want to open this in PhotoShop so I can at least convert it to a displayable jpg or gif (or even html).

Drag and drop, or open from the File menu within Photoshop.

-Stephen H. Westin
Any information or opinions in this message are mine: they do not represent the position of Cornell University or any of its sponsors.
EG
Eric Gill
Apr 30, 2004
westin* (Stephen H. Westin) wrote in
news::

" JCO" writes:

And remember that you are not "opening" the file but changing it into a pure bitmap format. You will not be able to edit it in the same way you can in Illustrator.
J
JCO
May 2, 2004
Yes I meant EPS! Sorry.

Thanks both of you. I guess that was easy. I just don’t understand the purpose of the distiller (what it was trying to do). Or why it was the default for opening. Everything is cool now.

"Eric Gill" wrote in message

" JCO" writes:

And remember that you are not "opening" the file but changing it into a pure bitmap format. You will not be able to edit it in the same way you
can
in Illustrator.
E
edjh
May 2, 2004
JCO wrote:

Yes I meant EPS! Sorry.

Thanks both of you. I guess that was easy. I just don’t understand the purpose of the distiller (what it was trying to do). Or why it was the default for opening. Everything is cool now.
It’s not the default for opening eps. If you have Illustrator (or Freehand) that should be the default. Anyway, you can usually set the default yourself depending on OS.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
W
westin*nospam
May 3, 2004
" JCO" writes:

Yes I meant EPS! Sorry.

Thanks both of you. I guess that was easy. I just don’t understand the purpose of the distiller (what it was trying to do).

Convert to Acrobat PDF, of course.

Or why it was the
default for opening.

At a guess, you installed Distiller after Photoshop, and checked the little box to make that the default for all eligible documents. You certainly can change it back: in Windows, use "Open With" (W2K, use right mouse button on the file to get the menu) and check "Always use this program to open these files". In Mac OS X, use control-vlick on the file, "Open With/Other" and check the "Always Open With" box.

Everything is cool now.

Great.

<snip>

-Stephen H. Westin
Any information or opinions in this message are mine: they do not represent the position of Cornell University or any of its sponsors.
P
paul
May 8, 2004
Even better: use File | Place. this way you can size the file then hit enter to render at full resolution.

Paul Cowan
www.iconix.biz

"Eric Gill" wrote in message

" JCO" writes:

And remember that you are not "opening" the file but changing it into a pure bitmap format. You will not be able to edit it in the same way you
can
in Illustrator.
T
tacitr
May 9, 2004
Even better: use File | Place. this way you can size the file then hit enter to render at full resolution.

Using File->Open brings up a dialog box that allows you to specify a size and resolution at which to render an EPS, as well. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Biohazard? Radiation hazard? SO last-century.
Nanohazard T-shirts now available! http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections