T
Posted By
Tak
Dec 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working my way through Deke McClelland’s book "Adobe Photoshop CS2 one-on-one". As the title indicates it is for CS2. I would like to upgrade to CS3 however how much different is CS3 such that it would be difficult to follow Deke’s book if I were to upgrade?

I haven’t seen a follow on to the book yet that covers CS3, and I don’t want to switch to another book at this point.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 16, 2007
"Bruce" wrote in message
I’m working my way through Deke McClelland’s book "Adobe Photoshop CS2 one-on-one". As the title indicates it is for CS2. I would like to upgrade to CS3 however how much different is CS3 such that it would be difficult to follow Deke’s book if I were to upgrade?
I haven’t seen a follow on to the book yet that covers CS3, and I don’t want to switch to another book at this point.
Bruce
I haven’t bought a book since PS 5.5 The web and libraries are cheaper. New releases tend to be a 90%+ rewrite of the previous release anyway.

Link below is a PDF explaining the differences
http://www.photoshopnews.com/stories/downloads/whatsnewinPSC S3.pdf

The one below is an excellent video tutorial site for all the additions to CS3 (and CS2 and PS7)
http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html Should keep you busy for a few months.

This link is a video showing you some of the differences. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQyC7nW8Ck

HTH
TWK
GP
Gene Palmiter
Dec 17, 2007
You would still be able to use Deke’s book for all but the new functions.

"Bruce" wrote in message
B
babaloo
Dec 17, 2007
You may want to wait for CS4.
Perhaps Adobe will figure out how to design the raw converter and realize that most of the functions in the converter belong in Photoshop itself. Whatever is done in the converter violates the paradigm of non-destructive layering. If you later want to change something you did in the converter you basically have to start over. Many of the adjustments that are now possible only in the converter, e.g. even simple things like vibrance, should be in Photoshop and usable in layers. Duplicating things like sharpening and noise reduction in both the converter and Photoshop is idiotic. There should also be a simple, straightforward levels adjustment tool. Whoever designed the Nikon NX converter really thought outside the box: Adobe should take a hint.
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 17, 2007
"flambe" wrote in message
You may want to wait for CS4.
Perhaps Adobe will figure out how to design the raw converter and realize that most of the functions in the converter belong in Photoshop itself. Whatever is done in the converter violates the paradigm of non-destructive layering. If you later want to change something you did in the converter you basically have to start over. Many of the adjustments that are now possible only in the converter, e.g. even simple things like vibrance, should be in Photoshop and usable in layers. Duplicating things like sharpening and noise reduction in both the converter and Photoshop is idiotic.
There should also be a simple, straightforward levels adjustment tool. Whoever designed the Nikon NX converter really thought outside the box: Adobe should take a hint.

F,

Good points, have you tried the Adobe feature request area? http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eeadf6e/

TWK
T
Tak
Dec 17, 2007
Thanks, I’ll give it a go.

"Gene Palmiter" wrote in message
You would still be able to use Deke’s book for all but the new functions.

"Bruce" wrote in message

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections