Posted By
Joao Saraiva
Aug 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all !
I am trying to achieve SELECTIVE COLOURING with Elements 4.0 and I am going nowhere :-(((

Can anyone point me a good tutorial to achieve this or this is simply not possible ?

I already ‘googled’ this request and I always finish with add-ons or CS2 / 3 …..

Thanks in advance
JS

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Charley
Aug 16, 2007
To selectively color an area of your photo you have to make a Selection of that area (get the marching ants around it) to keep the color from affecting the rest of the photo. Then you can paint a color into the selected area, but to make it look right you should do it on a new layer above your photo and set the mode of this layer to Color. Search your help files first for making a selection, and once you understand that then search the help file for creating layers. If your original photo is B/W you will also have to change it’s mode from B/W to Color mode before it will accept any color information. Use the help file to find out how to do these.

Creating a layer is much like putting a clear piece of plastic over your photo onto which you can paint over certain parts of the original photo without getting the paint on the original, however when you view the photo you see it as though the painted area covers a portion of the original. You can do all kinds of things with layers such as adding pieces of other photographs to layers making a collage from several photos, etc. Learning about layers and making selections are probably the most important steps to beginning serious photo editing.

Charley

"Joao Saraiva" wrote in message
Hi all !
I am trying to achieve SELECTIVE COLOURING with Elements 4.0 and I am
going
nowhere :-(((

Can anyone point me a good tutorial to achieve this or this is simply not possible ?

I already ‘googled’ this request and I always finish with add-ons or CS2 /
….

Thanks in advance
JS

JS
Joao Saraiva
Aug 21, 2007
Thanks Charley .. im going to work on this !

"Charley" wrote in message
To selectively color an area of your photo you have to make a Selection of that area (get the marching ants around it) to keep the color from
affecting
the rest of the photo. Then you can paint a color into the selected area, but to make it look right you should do it on a new layer above your photo and set the mode of this layer to Color. Search your help files first for making a selection, and once you understand that then search the help file for creating layers. If your original photo is B/W you will also have to change it’s mode from B/W to Color mode before it will accept any color information. Use the help file to find out how to do these.
Creating a layer is much like putting a clear piece of plastic over your photo onto which you can paint over certain parts of the original photo without getting the paint on the original, however when you view the photo you see it as though the painted area covers a portion of the original.
You
can do all kinds of things with layers such as adding pieces of other photographs to layers making a collage from several photos, etc. Learning about layers and making selections are probably the most important steps
to
beginning serious photo editing.

Charley

"Joao Saraiva" wrote in message
Hi all !
I am trying to achieve SELECTIVE COLOURING with Elements 4.0 and I am
going
nowhere :-(((

Can anyone point me a good tutorial to achieve this or this is simply
not
possible ?

I already ‘googled’ this request and I always finish with add-ons or CS2
/
….

Thanks in advance
JS

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections