Posted By
daleholden
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I am trying to create a simple text with several effects added to the word like drop shadow and glow etc etc. I want the text to drop into a table in DW, no problem I hear you say!

Well I hope its not I am controlling all the tables with CSS in respect of the background colour but when I paste in the text it does not look right . It either has a white background, or if I set either transparent alpha or index I get an awful background.

I simple want to be able to keep the effect on the text and to be able to change colours of the tables background.

Hope this makes sense can you help me please

Dale

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Apr 30, 2004
Thor’s Castle wrote:
Hi

I am trying to create a simple text with several effects added to the word like drop shadow and glow etc etc. I want the text to drop into a table in DW, no problem I hear you say!

Well I hope its not I am controlling all the tables with CSS in respect of the background colour but when I paste in the text it does not look right . It either has a white background, or if I set either transparent alpha or index I get an awful background.

I simple want to be able to keep the effect on the text and to be able to change colours of the tables background.

Hope this makes sense can you help me please

What you are really looking for is translucency – Ie. partial transparency. Only PNG supports this, and not even properly in all browsers (ISTR).

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
T
tacitr
May 3, 2004

You need to wait for Web browsers and Web standards to change, then. With the current state of the Web, you can’t do what you want.

JPEG does not support transparency at all. Any JPEG you save will have a white background.

GIF supports only complete transparency or complete opacity–no shades. Any GIF you save will have a weird fringe around it.

PNG works the way you want, BUT:
– Not all browsers support PNG; and
– Of the browsers that DO, many–including Explorer for Windows–do not support PNG with alpha transparency, meaning most of your visitors won’t see the image right anyway.

You’ll have to do what everyone else on the Web has to do–make a different version for each color background you need. Create a version with a blue background to match a blue page, create a version with a red background to match a red page, and so on.

Biohazard? Radiation hazard? SO last-century.
Nanohazard T-shirts now available! http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections