Posted By
Richard
Jun 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help Please – Creating More Hard Disk Space with Elements 4

I have run out of hard disc space and tried to create some space from the Organizer by burning CD’s using Adobe Elements 4 (File, Burn, Copy/ Move Files, Offline Media Move Files, burning to my CD and leaving thumbnails on the HD. The CD appear to be burned fine and the remaining organizer files show an icon of a CD with low resolution proxy files left on the hard disk. Unfortunately, no additional hard disk space was feed-up. I am on the road and need to create more space for large RAW & JPEG files, at the same time leaving thumbnails in the Organizer.

RSVP

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jun 27, 2007
Richard wrote:
I have run out of hard disc space and tried to create some space from the Organizer by burning CD’s using Adobe Elements 4 (File, Burn, Copy/ Move Files, Offline Media Move Files, burning to my CD and leaving thumbnails on the HD. The CD appear to be burned fine and the remaining organizer files show an icon of a CD with low resolution proxy files left on the hard disk. Unfortunately, no additional hard disk space was feed-up. I am on the road and need to create more space for large RAW & JPEG files, at the same time leaving thumbnails in the Organizer.

RSVP

First run a good HD clean up program. That may help a lot.

With the low prices of HD’s today, why not upgrade. You might want to make one HD a dedicated image file drive.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
R
Richard
Jun 27, 2007
On Jun 27, 6:34 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Richard wrote:

RSVP

First run a good HD clean up program. That may help a lot.
With the low prices of HD’s today, why not upgrade. You might want to make one HD a dedicated image file drive.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

Joseph

I am using a laptop and on the road. The ability to add a 2nd HD or a larger primary HD will not work. I would like to work with the program to create more HD space by offloading files on CD.
L
Lew
Jun 28, 2007
Richard wrote:

RSVP
Did you empty the waste basket?
R
Richard
Jun 28, 2007
On Jun 27, 5:37 pm, Lew wrote:
Richard wrote:

RSVP

Yes. Ran Disk Cleanup and Defrag as well. Is there a setting in Elements 4 which I am missing?
CJ
CE Jones
Jul 14, 2007
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 05:34:13 -0700, Richard wrote:

On Jun 27, 5:37 pm, Lew wrote:
Richard wrote:

RSVP

Yes. Ran Disk Cleanup and Defrag as well. Is there a setting in Elements 4 which I am missing?

Once you are sure the photos are on the CDs, go to Elements organizer, right-click on each photo and delete. There is an option to delete from hard drive.

Also, you can purchase 60GB USB hard drives that will fit in your back pocket for under $100 at Best Buy. This is a great way to get additional space. I velcroed mine to my laptop cover.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections