R
Posted By
RB
Jun 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having trougle getting good color on matte paper with Photoshop Elements 5.0. When printing on glossy paper the image is great. When printing from other software the color is good. I am using a Canon Pixma iP4000 and Canon matte paper. When I try to customize the color I still don’t have satisfactory results. Any ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RG
Roy G
Jun 20, 2007
"RB" wrote in message
I am having trougle getting good color on matte paper with Photoshop Elements 5.0. When printing on glossy paper the image is great. When printing from other software the color is good. I am using a Canon Pixma iP4000 and Canon matte paper. When I try to customize the color I still don’t have satisfactory results. Any ideas?

It is most likely a Colour Management Problem.

The Clue is in your comment that other programs print Ok, since most other programs do not use Colour Management.

Have a read at the Help files to ensure you have Elements Colour Management set up correctly, and also download the Canon PDF which explains how to turn off, and /or set, the CM in the Printer Driver.

You should only ever be using CM in the Program OR the Printer Driver, NEVER in both.

Matt papers show much "Stronger" colours than Glossy, so any inaccuracies will be more obvious.

There is lots of info about CM on the Web, but the Adobe Help files are the obvious place to start.

Roy G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections