Why does my cursor keep flashing most times I launch Photoshop CS3?

B
Posted By
betazilla
Dec 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an odd problem that hasn’t gone away despite numerous tries, and I haven’t found anything in the forums that’s helped me yet.

I start Photoshop CS3, but most times I launch it, the cursor will keep flashing (alternating) between the currently selected tool and the default pointer I think. It’s more than a cosmetic problem, because it makes me unable to click in any text field and stay there. If I try to click in the zoom "100%" and type in a new zoom factor, the I-beam disappears.

It’s strange because this happens most, but not all the times I launch Photoshop. When I get the cursor flashing, I restart again and it wastes time and makes me frustrated. Sometimes, things are just fine, so I don’t know what’s causing it. Anyone know? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
betazilla
Dec 15, 2007
Does anyone know about this?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 16, 2007
What is your graphics card? Do you have the latest driver installed?
B
betazilla
Dec 17, 2007
Michael, I’m on an Nvidia Geforce 8800 and yes, I do have the latest stable drivers installed. I also tried turning off graphics card acceleration in Photoshop but that didn’t make a difference. I’m on dual monitors.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 17, 2007
How about your mouse? Are you using a MS mouse with Intellipoint drivers? Those have caused problems, and the solution is to uninstall and just use the default Windows drivers.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections