SA
Posted By
Steve Ainsworth
May 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have both Photoshop CS2 and Elements 5 on my desktop PC. I have no problems opening RAW (Canon .CR2) files in Photoshop but when I want to open the files in Elements, the program states that the files are corrupted. Why can I open these files in one program and not the other – surely they share the same RAW converter? Any solutions will be gratefully appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Herb
May 28, 2007
You need to go the Adobe site and download Camera Raw 3.7 for CS2 and Camera Raw 4.0 for Elements 5 to cover the latest cameras.

Herb

"Steve Ainsworth" wrote in message
I have both Photoshop CS2 and Elements 5 on my desktop PC. I have no problems opening RAW (Canon .CR2) files in Photoshop but when I want to open the files in Elements, the program states that the files are corrupted. Why can I open these files in one program and not the other – surely they share the same RAW converter? Any solutions will be gratefully appreciated.

SA
Steve Ainsworth
May 28, 2007
Many thanks – should have looked harder on the daobe website. Again many thanks.

"Herb" wrote in message
You need to go the Adobe site and download Camera Raw 3.7 for CS2 and Camera Raw 4.0 for Elements 5 to cover the latest cameras.
Herb

"Steve Ainsworth" wrote in message

DF
Don F
Jun 7, 2007
"Herb" wrote in message
Herb
Herb,
Why Camera Raw 4.0 for Elements 5 ? The following is from the Adobe Camera Raw update page on Adobe’s web site:

"Camera Raw 3.7 update
This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 and 5.0 software. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras."

Don F
B
Bob AZ
Jun 17, 2007
This new version of the CameraRawplug-in replaces the original CameraRawplug-in that was installed with Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Photoshop
Elements 4.0 and 5.0 software. Visit the CameraRawpage for a complete list of supported cameras."

Don F

Does Camera RAW do anything for Elements 2.0?

Bob AZ

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections