B
Posted By
beginner
Apr 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently got Adobe Photoshop Elements ( 1 ) in a bundle, with a pc.

I am used to using my (quite old) editing program, Micrografix. I have a *lasso* facility included in the latter. It enables me to *lasso* an area, then ( left-click) *copy* & *paste* the lasso’ed area onto a second ( subsequently opened ) image.

It isn’t possible, apparently, using my more modern Adobe Elements prog. ??? In elements, once an area has been lasso’d, then left clicking
(on the area) doesn’t give an option to copy/cut or whatever. Is this failing ONLY in the Elements basic ( 1 ) prog. ? Does the *lasso* function
work FULLY ( as in my old Micrografix prog ) with later versions of Elements ?

Thanks in advance ,for any help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RG
Roy G
Apr 3, 2007
"N.E. O’Dyon" wrote in message
I am used to using my (quite old) editing program, Micrografix. I have a *lasso* facility included in the latter. It enables me to *lasso* an area,
then ( left-click) *copy* & *paste* the lasso’ed area onto a second ( subsequently opened ) image.

It isn’t possible, apparently, using my more modern Adobe Elements prog. ??? In elements, once an area has been lasso’d, then left clicking
(on the area) doesn’t give an option to copy/cut or whatever. Is this failing ONLY in the Elements basic ( 1 ) prog. ? Does the *lasso* function

Why would you expect "Left Clicking" to be the "Copy" command ?

I have never used Micrographics, but no other program I have ever used, uses "Left Click" for copy.

"Control + C", "Edit" and "Copy, or Right Clicking and choosing "Copy" do
seem to be fairly common.

Roy G
GA
Gerry Atrick
Apr 4, 2007
|I recently got Adobe Photoshop Elements ( 1 ) in a bundle, with a pc. |
| I am used to using my (quite old) editing program, Micrografix. I have a | *lasso* facility included in the latter. It enables me to *lasso* an area, | then ( left-click) *copy* & *paste* the lasso’ed area onto a second | ( subsequently opened ) image.
|
| It isn’t possible, apparently, using my more modern Adobe Elements | prog. ??? In elements, once an area has been lasso’d, then left | clicking
| (on the area) doesn’t give an option to copy/cut or whatever. Is this | failing ONLY in the Elements basic ( 1 ) prog. ? Does the *lasso* | function
| work FULLY ( as in my old Micrografix prog ) with later versions of | Elements ?
|
| Thanks in advance ,for any help.
|
|
|

In Elements 5 after selecting with lasso CTRL+C allows you to copy and CTRL+V to paste. Or you can use EDIT/Copy then EDIT/Paste. hope this helps.

Gerry
B
beginner
Apr 4, 2007
"Roy G" wrote in message
Why would you expect "Left Clicking" to be the "Copy" command ?

I have never used Micrographics, but no other program I have ever used, uses "Left Click" for copy.

No. Left-clicking on the lassoed area, in my OLD prog., brings up the options ( box )
*cut*, *copy* … etc. You can then RIGHT click on your chosen command.

Left clicking on the lassoed area( elements 1 ) brings up a box with options, BUT neither
*cut* OR *copy* are amongst those options. My question was seeking help on HOW
to achieve either copying OR cutting the lassoed area, in elements, from one image onto
another.
B
beginner
Apr 4, 2007
"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
In Elements 5 after selecting with lasso CTRL+C allows you to copy and CTRL+V to
paste. Or you can use EDIT/Copy then EDIT/Paste. hope this helps.
Gerry

CHEERS Gerry ! Just tried that with my (basic) Elements & it works perfectly.

V. many thanx ! 🙂
GA
Gerry Atrick
Apr 4, 2007
|
| "Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
| | > > In Elements 5 after selecting with lasso CTRL+C allows you to copy and | > > CTRL+V to
| > paste. Or you can use EDIT/Copy then EDIT/Paste. hope this helps. | >
| > Gerry
| >
|
| CHEERS Gerry ! Just tried that with my (basic) Elements & it works | perfectly.
|
| V. many thanx ! 🙂
|
|
You are welcome! Hope you can now enjoy Elements as much as I am beginning to!!!

Gerry
S
sharpgenie
Apr 5, 2007
On Apr 3, 9:44 am, "N.E. O’Dyon" wrote:
I am used to using my (quite old) editing program, Micrografix. I have a *lasso* facility included in the latter. It enables me to *lasso* an area, then ( left-click) *copy* & *paste* the lasso’ed area onto a second ( subsequently opened ) image.

Hi there,

The control C, Contol V commands work in many different programs also not just Adobe products. It works in Microsoft Word, Works.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections