Posted By
jb_mase
Dec 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello
I don’t understand why i must activate adobe after I have already registery… it use my time for nothing and I don’t understand why I had to do that for myself. I know the piraties probleme but it’s boring to do that activation. thanks to explain to me what is FOR ME the avantage.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 7, 2007
thanks to explain to me what is FOR ME the avantage.

if you activate, they allow you to use the program. that’s a pretty big advantage, no?
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 7, 2007
note that REGISTRATION is NOT required to use the program. ACTIVATION IS required.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Dec 8, 2007
JB,

As Dave said, given that activation is required so as to use PS, then that alone is the advantage offered you. Of course, what you’re really asking is what advantage is there other than that, and the answer is simple…nothing. Activation is purely a mechanism for trying to protect Adobe from financial losses due to software piracy.

One exception might be that if you were to lose your installation media and serial number but had installed and activated PS already on 2 machines, then if someone else found your media and tried to use it with your serial number, they would be unable to activate and use PS. That would probably improve your chances of having Adobe replace your lost media since they would not only have a record of your registration but also the activations. I’m not sure if they check the activation history on software being replaced though, so it may really not be an advantage per se.

Regards,

Daryl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections