Jeff_Lowenthal
Dec 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello-

I am using Photoshop CS2 with XP Media Center SP2),2.5 gigs,
2.8 gigaherts Dual Dell Dimension E 510, Radeon X 300 graphics card.

I am also running CS3, which runs normally.

Symptom: When booted up, CS2 goes to opening screen, and closes immediately. I have reinstalled twice, with the same results. Install appear to finish correctly. This happened recently – CS2 worked normally for a year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2007
hi jeff, reset the preferences per the faq:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
JL
Jeff_Lowenthal
Dec 6, 2007
Dave–

I tried that, got the dialogue window, and reset the preferences. (File now reads "0" bytes,) but it didn’t help.

Thanks anyway….
Jeff
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 7, 2007
what’s the last thing you see in the splash screen before it goes south? (you know, like loading brushes… loading textures… etc.)
JL
Jeff_Lowenthal
Dec 7, 2007
Dave–

Just the opening logo screen, then it crashed.
BUT I’ve installed it a fourth time, and it’s working now. It didn’t find (or maybe recognize) CS3, but I was able to insert the disc from 7, and it "took."

It made me input my serial numeber again, despite my having opted to "leave authorization data on system." A mystery…

But hell, it ok now.

Thanks for your help.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 7, 2007
weird. but glad you’re working!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections