F
Posted By
Frances
Dec 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI I have a question hopefully someone will be able to help me. I have loaded brushes into my photoshop but when I go to view them they expand all the way across the front of my monitor and I can’t see the rest of them. I do have tons of brushes so is there a way to scroll through the brushes so that I can choose one besides the one that are on my screen? I am using PS CS2 on a Windows XP computer. Thanks for any help that can be given.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Dec 5, 2007
Are you talking about the size of the Brushes Palette, when you open it from it’s docked spot at the top of your monitor?

If so, you should be able to grab the little resizing control widget at the bottom right corner of the palette and drag it to the size you want.

If you have to pull the Brushes Palette out of its top-docked position, so be it. Click and drag on its label tab, resize it, then drag it back to its docked location.
F
Frances
Dec 5, 2007
No what I am talking about is when you click on the brush tool at the top you can choose your brushes and add to the brush pallete other brushes to use by clicking on the little black arrow. when you click on the little black arrow the brush folder opens up that’s when you can see all of the brushes and I can’t see all of my brushes. they only go as far as the letter B and that’s not all of the letter B. I have tons of brushes to choose but I can’t view them all. Thanks for replying and for your help.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 5, 2007
Frances, you are talking about the listing of brush sets (.abr files), not brushes per se. This lists all the preloaded brush sets (the ones you placed in your brushes directory, C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Brushes). If you have a huge number of brush sets, I would suggest only putting the ones you use all the time in that directory. Move the others to a separate directory, such as My Documents\Adobe\Brushes. You can load brush sets from the file listing from the same list you are using, which will be much shorter, by clicking on "Load brushes…", which opens up a standard file open dialog, which you navigate to the directory where your brush sets have been relocated. The directory is "sticky," so you won’t have to re-navigate all over the place constantly.
P
Phosphor
Dec 5, 2007
You can organize the Brushes using the Preset Manager. If you put the Sets in the Brushes folder in Presets you can load them quickly from the dropdown menu in the Brushes palette; no need to navigate.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 6, 2007
Her problem is that she has too many for the dropdown. She said that she has so many that the dropdown doesn’t even get through all of them beginning with B. That’s why I suggested using a different folder and loading them by navigating to the needed set.
P
Phosphor
Dec 6, 2007
That’s fine, but if they were broken down into sets they wouldn’t all need to be loaded at once. It doesn’t really matter what folder they are in; I just think the Presets folder is a lot more convenient.
F
Frances
Dec 7, 2007
HI and thank you for all of the responses and yes Michael you are correct I have alot of brushes but Ed I have them already all loaded into the presets folder under brushes just like you say but when I open the brush pallet to view and pick one out it only opens up part way through the letter "B". To put it this way I have over 800 brushes. That is how many brushes I have. Thanks for all of the information and help! I really do appreciate it
JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 7, 2007
I have over 800 brushes.

As everyone is saying, get them organised into sets and then unload all except basics. Then you can append and un-append individual sets when required.

You may over time need all of them but not all at once!

To get the idea. look at the fly-out menu to see the PS default arrangement.

<http://imageshack.us>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections