Posted By
cgdev1
Jan 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased Elements 5.0.

I downloaded a free webpage template that included a number of files, including a .psd file. When I open the .psd file in an old Adobe program (PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.01), I can see a multitude of layers (around 30, one for each element). This is nice because I can modify the individual items.

However, when I open the same (unaltered) file in Elements, I only see three main folders in the Layers palette: "texts", "images", and "background". If I click on the "eye" icon next to "texts", all text disappears from the page (this is not what I want to happen). I want to be able to modify each text entity individually (keep some, delete others). Likewise this happens with the "images" folder. I am thinking that all the entities are grouped into these layers, but I can’t figure out how to unlock/ungroup them. Neither of these tw folders have the ‘lock’ icon on them (only the "background" folder has a lock). I clicked on "simplify", but it didn’t help.

How do I ungroup/unlock/expand these layers folders so I can access each of the entities inside?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections