How to batch/group JPG files and RAW files with same filenames like IMG01.JPG & IMG01.RAW

MS
Posted By
Manfred Schneider
Dec 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

my Canon EOS400D allows to store ONE shot on the compact flash card in TWO formats in parallel. So for ONE shot there are e.g. TWO images on the CF card, e.g.:
– a IMG01.JPG file and
– a IMG01.CR2 file.

For handling large amounts of photos it would be helpful to batch/combine/group the JPG and the CR2 file pairs.

Doing this manually takes many steps:
– select a pair of files (e.g. IMG01.JPG & IMG01.CR2) – choose "Batch" from the context menu of the image which should be the top/first image in the batch (to be seen in the organizer)

This is cumbersome for e.g. 100 or even 200 shots. Unfortunately I cannot see how to use a shortcut for batching when I would like to use the JPG file as the first photo in the batch. So I have to use always the mouse instead of the keyboard.

Are there any procedures, tools or something how to easily handle large amounts of JPG/RAW image pairs?

Thanks.

Regards, Manfred

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections