RM
Posted By
robison_m
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to be able to view the fonts as I scroll through them so that I can choose the one I want, but I don’t think it’s possible, is it? I notice I can punch in some text and then if I select it I can click a new text and see it, but that’s fairly work intensive. I noticed in the help that it said something about me being able to preview text by selecting the system layout option in the char palette, but I chose it and I’m not getting anything inspiring out of it. Am I being stupid and ignoring the obvious, or do I need to download a freebie font viewer to browse and see fonts?

Thank you, Michael

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

W
wnor
Apr 27, 2004
Michael here is one way. Type your text and commit it. Then click on the font name on the options bar. Then arrow down the list to see how the text will look.
Another way is to highlite the text, hit Ctrl H to get rid of highlite and arrow down the list.

(Zspider) wrote in message news:…
I would like to be able to view the fonts as I scroll through them so that I can choose the one I want, but I don’t think it’s possible, is it? I notice I can punch in some text and then if I select it I can click a new text and see it, but that’s fairly work intensive. I noticed in the help that it said something about me being able to preview text by selecting the system layout option in the char palette, but I chose it and I’m not getting anything inspiring out of it. Am I being stupid and ignoring the obvious, or do I need to download a freebie font viewer to browse and see fonts?

Thank you, Michael
V
Vincent
Apr 27, 2004
Another way is to highlite the text, hit Ctrl H to get rid of highlite and arrow down the list.
This is cool! (the Ctrl+H part), but instead of using the arrows, I just scroll with my mouse.
thnx

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections