Posted By
Bill Stout
Dec 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m very new to Ai and have had numerous problems with it that I won’t mention here now, but I don’t find an illustrator group on my server so thought someone here probably uses it and can help me find an answer.

How do I line up my artboard/drawing board to specific points on the grid and ruler? It seems to just arbitrarily place itself and I can’t find any "help," file on how to do this.

My design will be placed within a trapezoid quadrilateral polygon with radii at the corners, and so I want to make a custom artboard template in this shape so I can always be aware of spatial relationships as I place and draw.

Thanks
Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
mesa
Dec 6, 2007
Bill Stout wrote:

Hi,

I’m very new to Ai and have had numerous problems with it that I won’t mention here now, but I don’t find an illustrator group on my server so thought someone here probably uses it and can help me find an answer.
How do I line up my artboard/drawing board to specific points on the grid and ruler? It seems to just arbitrarily place itself and I can’t find any "help," file on how to do this.

My design will be placed within a trapezoid quadrilateral polygon with radii at the corners, and so I want to make a custom artboard template in this shape so I can always be aware of spatial relationships as I place and draw.

Thanks
Bill

Have you tried Adobe forums on the Adobe site?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections