JS
Posted By
James Silverton
Nov 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know changing to sepia is a FAQ but I have looked up the Photoshop Elements instructions on the web to change an image to sepia and they seem excessively complicated for something that my Nikon will do automatically. Can anyone tell me a simple method for converting to sepia (Elements 1.0 or 3.0) after I have downloaded the file?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Nov 8, 2006
James Silverton wrote:
I know changing to sepia is a FAQ but I have looked up the Photoshop Elements instructions on the web to change an image to sepia and they seem excessively complicated for something that my Nikon will do automatically. Can anyone tell me a simple method for converting to sepia (Elements 1.0 or 3.0) after I have downloaded the file?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Well there is the quick and dirty way and the slower more complex way that offers more control.

I know I did some simple method in Elements 3.0, but I can’t recall what I did. Sorry.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
JS
James Silverton
Nov 8, 2006
Hello, Joseph!
You wrote on Wed, 08 Nov 2006 01:38:06 GMT:

JM> James Silverton wrote:
??>> I know changing to sepia is a FAQ but I have looked up the ??>> Photoshop Elements instructions on the web to change an ??>> image to sepia and they seem excessively complicated for ??>> something that my Nikon will do automatically. Can anyone ??>> tell me a simple method for converting to sepia (Elements ??>> 1.0 or 3.0) after I have downloaded the file? ??>>
??>> James Silverton
??>> Potomac, Maryland
??>>
??>> E-mail, with obvious alterations:
??>> not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

JM> Well there is the quick and dirty way and the slower JM> more complex way that offers more control.

JM> I know I did some simple method in Elements 3.0, but I JM> can’t recall what I did. Sorry.

I haven’t done it often but the results from the Nikon 3200 camera seem pretty good even if you have no choices 🙂

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

JM
Joseph Meehan
Nov 8, 2006
James Silverton wrote:
Hello, Joseph!
You wrote on Wed, 08 Nov 2006 01:38:06 GMT:

James Silverton wrote:
I know changing to sepia is a FAQ but I have looked up the Photoshop Elements instructions on the web to change an
image to sepia and they seem excessively complicated for something that my Nikon will do automatically. Can anyone tell me a simple method for converting to sepia (Elements
1.0 or 3.0) after I have downloaded the file?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Well there is the quick and dirty way and the slower
more complex way that offers more control.

I know I did some simple method in Elements 3.0, but I
can’t recall what I did. Sorry.

I haven’t done it often but the results from the Nikon 3200 camera seem pretty good even if you have no choices 🙂

To tell you the truth, if I know I want sepia to start with and I am not going to be all that fussy (I seldom am) I just use the setting in my Canon and don’t bother with any additional adjustments.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
JS
James Silverton
Nov 8, 2006
Hello, Joseph!
You wrote on Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:01:02 GMT:

JM> To tell you the truth, if I know I want sepia to start JM> with and I am not going to be all that fussy (I seldom am) JM> I just use the setting in my Canon and don’t bother with JM> any additional adjustments.

I must take back some of my complaints about difficulty. I tried the HELP route in Elements 3 and it worked reasonably well taking the defaults ( "Do this for me"). I had to adjust the default red a little but the result was not bad at all. Some of my earlier problems trying to do it myself from scratch arose from assuming that I would not be able to adjust the overall color if I "removed all color information". I suppose I am an example of, "If all else fails read the instructions" or possibly RTFM 🙂

With any luck, I won’t want to make any more sepia prints for a while 🙂 I had been asked to do it by a relative.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

HJ
H Joe
Nov 22, 2006
Hi!! I redo alot of old photos That need to be done in sepia, I have about ten different programs that were under $50 Dollors that will change color or black and white to sepia real well then I take them into photoshop or elements and enhance from there H. Joe

On Nov 8, 8:57 am, "James Silverton"
<not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote:
Hello, Joseph!
You wrote on Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:01:02 GMT:

JM> To tell you the truth, if I know I want sepia to start JM> with and I am not going to be all that fussy (I seldom am) JM> I just use the setting in my Canon and don’t bother with JM> any additional adjustments.

I must take back some of my complaints about difficulty. I tried the HELP route in Elements 3 and it worked reasonably well taking the defaults ( "Do this for me"). I had to adjust the default red a little but the result was not bad at all. Some of my earlier problems trying to do it myself from scratch arose from assuming that I would not be able to adjust the overall color if I "removed all color information". I suppose I am an example of, "If all else fails read the instructions" or possibly RTFM 🙂

With any luck, I won’t want to make any more sepia prints for a while 🙂 I had been asked to do it by a relative.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections