B
Posted By
BRH
Nov 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In the book "PSE 5: The Missing Manual", it mentions that PSE5 installs Adobe Gamma software, which can be used to calibrate your monitor.

For some reason, I can’t find Adobe Gamma on my system. (It’s possible that I uninstalled it when cleaning up some files recently).

Is the book correct in stating that this software is installed with PSE5? If so, is it worthwhile to use to calibrate the monitor? If not, what’s the best way to calibrate the monitor for PSE5?

Finally, if I did inadvertently delete it, can I reinstall PSE5 get Adobe Gamma back without harming/losing any photos, tags etc that I’ve already loaded?

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
spring
Nov 5, 2006
<BRH> wrote in message
In the book "PSE 5: The Missing Manual", it mentions that PSE5 installs Adobe Gamma software, which can be used to calibrate your monitor.
For some reason, I can’t find Adobe Gamma on my system. (It’s possible that I uninstalled it when cleaning up some files recently).
Is the book correct in stating that this software is installed with PSE5? If so, is it worthwhile to use to calibrate the monitor? If not, what’s the best way to calibrate the monitor for PSE5?

Finally, if I did inadvertently delete it, can I reinstall PSE5 get Adobe Gamma back without harming/losing any photos, tags etc that I’ve already loaded?

Thanks!

It should be in control panel. That’s where it is and I have PSE4 Bill
B
BRH
Nov 5, 2006
spring wrote:
<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

I know that’s where I should find it, but it’s not there. As I say, perhaps I deleted, not knowing what it was at the time.

Can I get it back by re-installing PSE5? Can PSE5 be re-intalled with no negative effects on my photo catalog or tags?

Thanks!
S
spring
Nov 6, 2006
<BRH> wrote in message
spring wrote:
<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

I know that’s where I should find it, but it’s not there. As I say, perhaps I deleted, not knowing what it was at the time.

Can I get it back by re-installing PSE5? Can PSE5 be re-intalled with no negative effects on my photo catalog or tags?

Thanks!

Sorry I did not understand you looked in control panel.

As for reinstall I do not know if that would help as I am still with PSE4. But a reinstall should work.

Some others may help
Bill
HJ
H Joe
Nov 22, 2006
Start with control panel, then look at add & delete then go to start and go to programs If it is there it should show uo in one of these places If not go to adobe or reinstall H. Joe

On Nov 6, 6:21 am, "spring" wrote:
<BRH> wrote in message
spring wrote:
<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

Thanks!Sorry I did not understand you looked in control panel.

As for reinstall I do not know if that would help as I am still with PSE4. But a reinstall should work.

Some others may help
Bill- Hide quoted text — Show quoted text –
LB
Len Babcock
Jan 1, 2007
It’s on the installation CD separately. While browsing look under \Goodies\Software\Adobe Gamma…

Len

"H Joe" wrote in message
Start with control panel, then look at add & delete then go to start and go to programs If it is there it should show uo in one of these places If not go to adobe or reinstall H. Joe

On Nov 6, 6:21 am, "spring" wrote:
<BRH> wrote in
<BRH> wrote in message

In the book "PSE 5: The Missing Manual", it mentions that PSE5 installs
Adobe Gamma software, which can be used to calibrate your monitor.

For some reason, I can’t find Adobe Gamma on my system. (It’s possible
that I uninstalled it when cleaning up some files recently).

Is the book correct in stating that this software is installed with PSE5?
If so, is it worthwhile to use to calibrate the monitor? If not, what’s
the best way to calibrate the monitor for PSE5?

Finally, if I did inadvertently delete it, can I reinstall PSE5 get Adobe
Gamma back without harming/losing any photos, tags etc that I’ve already
loaded?

Thanks!

Can I get it back by re-installing PSE5? Can PSE5 be re-intalled with no
negative effects on my photo catalog or tags?

Thanks!Sorry I did not understand you looked in control panel.

As for reinstall I do not know if that would help as I am still with PSE4.
But a reinstall should work.

Some others may help
Bill- Hide quoted text — Show quoted text –

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections