Posted By
Edward Conner
Sep 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all,

Noob here trying to figure out a few things. I just installed AI 10.0 and got the .3 update and PS 7.0 with it’s .1 update. Things have not been good since.

When Illustrator starts, it sometimes shuts down for no apparent reason. It doesn’t lock up or cause any thing else running to hang, it’s just there for one minute, poof, gone the next. ???

next issue: I cannot view many of my folders that have multiple PS or AI files inside. Running XP, everything pulls up in an explorer-type folder, when I go to view a specific folder or group of files an error message saying "explorer needs to shut down" appears and I am unable to get into my files — this is bad!

third issue: When trying to attach an AI or PS realted file into an email using Microsoft Outlook, a Microsoft Word error appears and requires me to close the email. After closing, Word pops up with a blank doc. No clue on this one?!

I have all the latest updates for offic XP and Windows XP.

The explorer error states that "this error includes information regarding the condition of Win Explorer when the problem occured. The OS version and computer hardware in use, your digital product ID, which could be used to identify your license and the IP address of your computer" When it closes it closes every other running program in the toolbar. Meaning it leaves me with Norton and Winzip left open… everthing else is ousted till reboot.

When trying to locate the same group of files thru AI "Open" it says "The instruction at "0x77f585co" referenced memory at "0x00730063. The memory could not be ‘written’" Click OK to terminate the program.

Umm?

Please help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 8, 2003
Something is badly hosed in your system. I’m not experiencing any of the problems you are.

If nobody can come up with anything better, I’d recommend a complete clean installation of the operating system followed by any drivers, fonts and apps.

Bob
DM
dave milbut
Sep 8, 2003
I agree. Backup. Format. Reinstall.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections