B
Posted By
BRH
Nov 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card into Windows XP’s "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on my C: drive.

I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D: Drive.

Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RG
Roy G
Nov 4, 2006
<BRH> wrote in message
PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card into Windows XP’s "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on my C: drive.

I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D: Drive.

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Just drag it from "My Documents" to the other Drive.

Windows may, every so often, remake a "My Pictures" Folder in "C :", but you just delete the unwanted new one.

Roy G
B
BRH
Nov 4, 2006
Roy G wrote:

<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Windows may, every so often, remake a "My Pictures" Folder in "C :", but you just delete the unwanted new one.

Roy G
By doing this, will PSE know to load any newly downloaded photos to that new location?

If not, how do I arrange for it to do that?

Thanks!
JM
Joseph Meehan
Nov 4, 2006
BRH wrote:
Roy G wrote:

<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Roy G
By doing this, will PSE know to load any newly downloaded photos to that new location?

Thanks!

I think I would make the new folder (call it anything you would like) on the new drive and than tell PSE to move the files. It may take a little while but it should get its index right.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
RG
Roy G
Nov 4, 2006
<BRH> wrote in message
Roy G wrote:

<BRH> wrote in message

Thanks!

Hi.

Yes.

Roy G

Thanks!

Hi.

Don’t know the answer.

I only ever copy, or drag, from the card into the Date Folder I created.

I don’t have any Photo program open when doing so

That way all my RAW files have the original Camera allocated name (DSC 1355.NEF).

I don’t use any of the so called organisers provided by any Photo Program, or any other Program. Except of course for previwing the contents of the folders.

Roy G
S
stevev
Nov 4, 2006
BRH wrote:

Thanks!

This may help:> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310147
B
BRH
Nov 5, 2006
stevev wrote:
BRH wrote:

Thanks!

This may help:> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310147
That worked for me. Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections