I want to be able to create a new bitmap…

N
Posted By
no
Nov 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when I right-click on the desktop. I don’t want to create a new photoshop image, I want a new bitmap!!!
I know it’s more a regedit than an Adobe thing, but I thought I’d ask here. I hoped when I installed CS3 that I’d have some file-association options that might help me, but nothing. Any one help? (I tried all the registry options I could think of and nothing worked)
TIA

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Nov 12, 2007
"Max Powers" wrote in message
when I right-click on the desktop. I don’t want to create a new photoshop image, I want a new bitmap!!!
I know it’s more a regedit than an Adobe thing, but I thought I’d ask here. I
hoped when I installed CS3 that I’d have some file-association options that
might help me, but nothing. Any one help? (I tried all the registry options I
could think of and nothing worked)
TIA
M,
How are you going to create your bitmap?
The menu items under "New" after right clicking on the Nesktop can be found at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Explorer\Discardable\PostSetup\ShellNew
&
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-796845957-764733703-839522115-1003\Softw are\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Discardable\Po stSetup\ShellNew
See if the following can help http://www.tweakxp.com/

TWK
N
no
Nov 14, 2007
thanks TWK- but no matter what I do to the registry, I lose new bitmap and have it replaced by new photoshop image as soon as I restart the computer. And if I use tweakui to edit things, I hide ps image and create a new bitmap template, and it doesn’t show up when I right click and choose ‘new’- doesn’t show up at all…
I even tried importing the shellnew part of the registry from my computer that doesn’t have PS on it, and it worked- right-click, chose ‘new’, and was able to create a new bmp there. Until I restarted the computer, then it was gone again…
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Nov 14, 2007
"Max Powers" wrote in message
thanks TWK- but no matter what I do to the registry, I lose new bitmap and have it replaced by new photoshop image as soon as I restart the computer. And
if I use tweakui to edit things, I hide ps image and create a new bitmap template, and it doesn’t show up when I right click and choose ‘new’- doesn’t
show up at all…
I even tried importing the shellnew part of the registry from my computer that
doesn’t have PS on it, and it worked- right-click, chose ‘new’, and was able
to create a new bmp there. Until I restarted the computer, then it was gone
again…

Max,
Could this behaviour have anything to do with PS being the default app for bitmaps in Explorer>Tools>Folder Options>File Types?

TWK

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections