J
Posted By
JohnM
Oct 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After some years with Paintshop Pro I have recently come over to Photoshops Elements 4. Apart from the long delays in opening up, I find that it is an excellent programme. However i do have a real problem with the Organiser side of the programme. Having been used for many years to use Windows Explorer to manage my shots, I have a degree of difficulty with Organiser, which will not acknowledge any movements of shots into new or different files, etc.. Could some kind person out there tell me if it is possible to get PE4 to default to Windows Explorer when working on my photographs.
Many thanks
JohnM

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Joseph Meehan
Oct 17, 2006
JohnM wrote:
After some years with Paintshop Pro I have recently come over to Photoshops Elements 4. Apart from the long delays in opening up, I find that it is an excellent programme. However i do have a real problem with the Organiser side of the programme. Having been used for many years to use Windows Explorer to manage my shots, I have a degree of difficulty with Organiser, which will not acknowledge any movements of shots into new or different files, etc.. Could some kind person out there tell me if it is possible to get PE4 to default to Windows Explorer when working on my photographs.
Many thanks
JohnM

It has it’s own move function. Have you tried using that? It works for me.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
G
GlennDoten
Oct 19, 2006
On Oct 17, 8:18 am, "JohnM" wrote:
Many thanks
JohnM

You could also try the "monitor this folder" option in the organizer. That might sync up the files as you move them with Windows Explorer. I haven’t tried this becaue the monitor function doesn’t work for me on a network drive, only on local drives (I get an error popup when trying to monitor a network share).

-glenn-
H
Hunibal
Oct 22, 2006
"GlennDoten" wrote in message
On Oct 17, 8:18 am, "JohnM" wrote:
Many thanks
JohnM

You could also try the "monitor this folder" option in the organizer. That might sync up the files as you move them with Windows Explorer. I haven’t tried this becaue the monitor function doesn’t work for me on a network drive, only on local drives (I get an error popup when trying to monitor a network share).

-glenn-
Sorry for jumping in, but
Thanx for the info. I was looking for it too.

Cheers _ Hunibal _
L
LadyKaldi
Nov 1, 2006
I’m working my way through The Missing Manual for PSE, it says that as long as you move the files around from withIN the organizer, vs doing it in Explorer itself, the moves / changes etc can be moved.

My image files are also very organized in folders w detailed file names so I’m less excited about Organizer too. Mostly, it seems, it’s for people who just dump digital files and never clean them up. I’m most frustrated that Organizer doesn’t actually display the actual FILE NAMEs… if anyone knows how to do that, it would be great.
AB
Andrew Bealing
Nov 1, 2006
"LadyKaldi" wrote in message
I’m working my way through The Missing Manual for PSE, it says that as long as you move the files around from withIN the organizer, vs doing it in Explorer itself, the moves / changes etc can be moved.
My image files are also very organized in folders w detailed file names so I’m less excited about Organizer too. Mostly, it seems, it’s for people who just dump digital files and never clean them up. I’m most frustrated that Organizer doesn’t actually display the actual FILE NAMEs… if anyone knows how to do that, it would be great.

Try this

In Organiser, select Edit menu, Preferences, General (just Cntrl/K), check Show file names in details.

Andrew Bealing
S
Stan
Nov 2, 2006
people who just dump digital files and never clean them up. I’m most frustrated that Organizer doesn’t actually display the actual FILE NAMEs… if anyone knows how to do that, it would be great.

Try this

In Organiser, select Edit menu, Preferences, General (just Cntrl/K), check Show file names in details.

Andrew Bealing

You may also need to view the thumbnails at a sizer larger than the smallest size……at least that is the case for me. When I want to see the file name I need to move the slider for the thumbnail size toward the right until the file name appears.

Stan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections