M
Posted By
MLW
Nov 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased a new Computer loaded with Vista Ultimate and loaded PhotoShop 7, I am not happy. What would be the most stable, useful upgrade – CS, CS2 or CS3?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BK
Bob Knowlden
Nov 7, 2007
CS3 is the only version that Adobe supports under Vista.

I recently had to upgrade from Photoshop CS2 to CS3 because of some compatibility issues with Vista 64 Home Premium. My only disappointment with CS3 so far (other than having to buy it) was that the upgrade version did not include a printed manual. (I guess I’m old-fashioned.) I didn’t spring for the extended version; the base CS3 version seems to offer few improvements over CS2.

Return address scrambled Replace nkbob with bobkn.

"MLW" wrote in message
I recently purchased a new Computer loaded with Vista Ultimate and loaded PhotoShop 7, I am not happy. What would be the most stable, useful upgrade – CS, CS2 or CS3?
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Nov 7, 2007
"MLW" wrote in message

You can only legally purchase CS3.

TWK
G
gowanoh
Nov 7, 2007
Although CS3 is vastly more sophisticated than PS7, and worth the price of the upgrade, I think you would be better off by getting rid of Vista and installing XP.
All of your compatibility problems will instantly disappear and you will find that your new computer is at least 25% faster at all tasks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections