HR
Posted By
Helena_Rutan
Nov 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a professional photographer just now trying to switch to shooting raw. But when I put my CF card in the computer, the wizard that pops up asking me if I want to copy files to a folder, it says there are no images. How can I get the files into my computer so that I can work with them in Bridge and PhotoshopCS2. Going to buy Lightroom also. Please help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AC
Art Campbell
Nov 4, 2007
Assuming that you’re working in Windows because you posted into the Windows PS forum…

When you put the card in the card reader, it should show up as a drive in the MyComputer folder. Open it and drill down through any other folders until you can copy the files to your hard drive.

Depending on the camera brand, there may be free software designed to move the files, such as Nikon Transfer…

After you’ve recovered the files, it’s always better to format the card in the camera.

Art
EB
Eric Bier
Nov 4, 2007
When you insert your CF card, you should get the Windows "What do You Want Windows to do?" pop up. If you have Bridge installed, one of the choices is "Download Images Using Adobe Bridge…" Select this and you will get the Bridge download window with options.

If you do not see the pop up go to Bridge: File > Get Photos From Camera… and you will get the Bridge Download Window.

If you are having problems with not getting an options window when you insert your CF card, see: < http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/40f23376 -1351-49d5-8d48-5c05d35f2ac81033.mspx#EF>
HR
Helena_Rutan
Nov 4, 2007
I have Adobe Bridge installed (same time as CS2), but I have no options involving Bridge. The windows wizard asks me if I want to copy files to a folder using windows wizard, view a slide show, open in windows explorer, do something with nero snap essentials. This is it. Then in Bridge, there is no option for get files from camera. What on earth? I looked at autoplay and it is the same options as above? How can I get brigde, photoshop, whatever to handle my picture files?
DR
Donald_Reese
Nov 4, 2007
In bridge cs3,under the file menu,there is a choice to, get photos from camera,but i am on a mac,so not sure how it may look on your machine.
HR
Helena_Rutan
Nov 4, 2007
There is not that option on my bridge under file. Man, I wish there was!
JJ
John_Joslin
Nov 4, 2007
Even if the files are not recognised as images, they should be listed in Windows Explorer if you navigate to the card reader drive letter.

You can then copy them to a folder on your computer and open them from there, providing they are recognised by the Adobe software.
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Nov 4, 2007
"Eric Bier" wrote in message
When you insert your CF card, you should get the Windows "What do You Want Windows to do?" pop up. If you have Bridge installed, one of the choices is "Download Images Using Adobe Bridge…" Select this and you will get the Bridge download window with options.

If you do not see the pop up go to Bridge: File > Get Photos From Camera… and you will get the Bridge Download Window.

If you are having problems with not getting an options window when you insert your CF card, see:
< http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/40f23376 -1351-49d5-8d48-5c05d35f2ac81033.mspx#EF>

Eric,

An excellent reply, it is a pity that the OP cannot see it, she is posting in
the Adobeforums, not this NG. We can see their posts but they cannot see posts to this NG.

Regards
TWK
L
LenHewitt
Nov 4, 2007
Helena,

asks me if I want to copy files to a folder<<

That is the best way to proceed. Once the files are copied to your HDD (either using the wizard or by dragging them from the card to a folder in windows explorer), open Bridge and navigate through to the folder you have copied the files to.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections