Views
Replies
Status
Closed
LOVE

What is love?

This is the Biblical explanation:

1 Corinthians chapter 13 verses 3-8

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not *charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 Beareth all things, **believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth.

(*charity = an old form of the word "love")

**Through love you believe someone, but do use your common sense.

The apostel Paul wrote in Romans 13:8-10

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Love means to forgive other people. Including your enemies!

Matthew 5:38-39

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Luke 6:27-35

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Jesus was mocked, spat at and beaten. All for you. Even when He was on the cross they mocked Him. But He did what he preached and gave the example. He did not resist but turned the other cheek and forgave His enemies and prayed for them.

Luke 23:34

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Where does this knowledge of love come from?

It comes from God. And God loves you a lot and He proves that in everything he has done for you!

He gave you His image, to begin with, to rule over all other creatures as His representitive.

Genesis 1:26-28

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

What does "image of God" mean? How is God?

God is eternal

Deuteronomy 33:27

27 The eternal God is thy refuge.

God is holy

Psalms 99:9

9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

God is good

Psalms 100:5

5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Psalm 8 (A song written by king David)

3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Though we are mortal, He still loves us very much. Because we are His most important creation! And it’s only mankind who rule the earth as kings over every living thing.

The love of God

Psalm 103

8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children

Jesus told a story to make it clear how much God loves us.

Luke 15:11

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons: 12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. 13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. 14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. 15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. 17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, 19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. 20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

With this example Jesus explains that the Father gives us the liberty to choose our own path. A person who chooses not to listen to God, often finds himself in trouble. And it saddens God that practically no one wants to know Him. (Look at all the world problems!)

But to prove His love for us He gives us the liberty to choose for Him.

He does not force us to love Him. It must be done voluntarily. And if we do that, He becomes very happy. And as a reward we receive eternal life from Him.

We should be living here on Earth without ever dying but because the disobedience of our ancestors Adam and Eve we’ve lost eternal life. Through their sin came death into existance. (to sin = to disobey God) But because God loves you so much he has done something beautiful so you and all of us can still live for eternity:

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world (you), that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world (you) through him might be saved.

Even before you had heard about HIM, God had loved you!

Romans 5:6-9

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (you). 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 John 4:8-10

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Yes, God loves you very much. You have just read the written evidence. The fact that we still exist is the tangible evidence. He could wipe us out with one strike!

How do we receive eternal life?

The answer is: By showing your love for God by loving other people also.

Matthew 19:16-19

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which?

Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:35-40

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Are you like an innocent child?

Matthew 18:3

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus says this because He knows that young children do not sin but love everybody. Little children are innocent! Children do not have feelings of hatred, little children do not lie, have evil thoughts or are deliberately bad towards other people, like adults are. (Actually, we, the adults, should follow the example of the innocence of little children!) We know that little children can be naughty but they are NOT AWARE that they are doing something wrong, that is why they need parents.

Remember: to sin is DELIBERATELY doing something wrong. Or: deliberately disobey God.

So, the core of the Gospel is the LOVE that Jesus had explained to mankind. To receive eternal life, we must take God’s characteristics (being holy, good and full of love) and be kind to all people. Black, white or yellow. Muslim, Jew or Budhist, Atheist or even Satanist! Do not judge these people but let God judge over them.

If you want to know more about God, read the Bible frequently. And pray to Him and tell Him all your troubles. He will answer you.

——————————

Here are some links to help you learn more about our God of love:

On-line (study) Bible with comments between verses:

http://bible.crosswalk.com/Commentaries/GenevaStudyBible/

On-line Bible without comments: http://www.cforc.com/kjv/

On-line Gospel television: http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2.html

——————————

Today the entire world needs to know about this message of love more than ever and you can help spread it!

Please forward this message to your friends on your list, but only in groups of maximum five recipients per e-mail. Otherwise the e-mail will be mistaken for spam chainmail or even a virus!

Cut and paste the translation of your friend’s native tongue to the top and remove all unnecessary text to keep the e-mail short.

!IMPORTANT!

Forward ALL translations so your friends could send them to their other friends who speak in the other languages!

You can add your own translation! The more translations are added, the more different countries will be reached!

When you’ve added a new translation, please add a Bible website and, if possible, a link to a Gospel television (or radio broadcast) in that language.

Thank you for your contribution and may love reign in your life!

____________________________________________________________ ________________________

AMOR

Que es el amor?

Este es la explicaci

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RG
Roy G
Sep 2, 2006
"Tzeff" wrote in message
LOVE
What a F****** Idiot.

Get out and shout about it on the street corner. So that we photographers might get some decent candids.

Roy G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections