S
Posted By
SMB
Sep 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to help my daughter send a photo at a small enough image to her My Space program. I have a photo that is 6.8MB. It looks like I need to downsize to 290KB or around there. I know I need to go into editor and change image size but that’s where I get totally confused. Is there a simpler way or is this the only way. I don’t understand percent and all the other buttons to use or change…help I am wanting an easy way here…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Charles
Sep 2, 2006
On 1 Sep 2006 22:46:57 -0700, "SMB" wrote:

I am trying to help my daughter send a photo at a small enough image to her My Space program. I have a photo that is 6.8MB. It looks like I need to downsize to 290KB or around there. I know I need to go into editor and change image size but that’s where I get totally confused. Is there a simpler way or is this the only way. I don’t understand percent and all the other buttons to use or change…help I am wanting an easy way here…

Do they specify a certain size? Probably in pixels?

Open the photo in PSE, click on Image > Resize > Image Size.

Check the box at the bottom of that window that says resample and the one that says constrain Proportions.

Then type whatever number you want into either the Width of the Height boxes. That should do it.
RG
Roy G
Sep 2, 2006
"SMB" wrote in message

If it is for display on the Web, you should change its size, in whatever editing program you have, to 600 pixel wide if it is a landscape or about 500 high if it is portrait.

Then Save it as a Jpeg, or if your editing program has the ability Save it for Web as a Jpeg. If you can, set the "Jpeg quality" to Medium or 50% while doing either of those Saves.

Or the real easy way if you have Windows XP.

Select it, Right Click on it and select "Send to". Windows will then offer to make it smaller. Choose one of the options and send it to yourself.

Roy G
RG
Roy G
Sep 2, 2006
"Roy G" wrote in message
"SMB" wrote in message

If it is for display on the Web, you should change its size, in whatever editing program you have, to 600 pixel wide if it is a landscape or about 500 high if it is portrait.

Then Save it as a Jpeg, or if your editing program has the ability Save it for Web as a Jpeg. If you can, set the "Jpeg quality" to Medium or 50% while doing either of those Saves.

Or the real easy way if you have Windows XP.

Select it, Right Click on it and select "Send to". Windows will then offer to make it smaller. Choose one of the options and send it to yourself.

Roy G
I should have send "Send to" and select "Mail recipient"

When it arrives back at your Inbox, double click on the "attached" icon, and you will be given the choice of "Open" or "Save". Choose "Save".

Roy G
R
Rina
Sep 6, 2006
If You’re using a Windows computer, The easiest way would be to use the resizer tool from Microsoft its part of the "Power Toys" for XP, available for download here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppow ertoys.mspx

"SMB" wrote in message
M
MyVeryOwnSelf
Sep 7, 2006
I am trying to help my daughter send a photo at a small enough image to her My Space program. I have a photo that is 6.8MB. It looks like I need to downsize to 290KB or around there. …

One way is to use Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Once you’ve opened the picture, click on
Picture > Compress pictures

Then choose
Compress for > Web pages

Then click
OK

Then click
File > Save as
and give the compressed file a new name.

If it’s still too big, compress again.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections