S
Posted By
silenceseeker2003
Aug 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I mean: what is the idea or concept behind "Auto Color Correction" as implemented in Photoshop Elements?

I have an "Epson Perfection 3200 Photo" scanner that comes with a driver that allows to switch on "color correction" while scanning. However, when I compare it to scanning the same image without color correction and only later applying the "Auto Color Correction" in Photoshop Elements, I like the Photoshop one better.

Which means… is there no real standard for "Auto Color Correction"? Is it something that depends on the algorithm? Where can I get more information about what algorithm is being used?

And if by any chance know what the equivalent for Photoshop Elements’ "Auto Color Correction" in ImageMagick, I would appreciate this info as well.

Thanks,
Sam

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RG
Roy G
Aug 4, 2006
wrote in message
I mean: what is the idea or concept behind "Auto Color Correction" as implemented in Photoshop Elements?

I have an "Epson Perfection 3200 Photo" scanner that comes with a driver that allows to switch on "color correction" while scanning. However, when I compare it to scanning the same image without color correction and only later applying the "Auto Color Correction" in Photoshop Elements, I like the Photoshop one better.

Which means… is there no real standard for "Auto Color Correction"? Is it something that depends on the algorithm? Where can I get more information about what algorithm is being used?

And if by any chance know what the equivalent for Photoshop Elements’ "Auto Color Correction" in ImageMagick, I would appreciate this info as well.

Thanks,
Sam

Hi.

I don’t know for certain, cos I just accept that what the program does or does not do, and can’t really be bothered finding out.

I think that in Auto Colour, it uses the Levels histogram and pulls the end points in to to touch the extremes of the graph, and does so for each of the channels.

Roy G
JM
Joseph Meehan
Aug 4, 2006
wrote:

Thanks,
Sam

From my personal experience, I would say it is more like auto color corruption. I have given up on it. Maybe if things are really off to start with, it might be helpful.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections