JB
Posted By
Jay Beckman
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just got the 6×8 tablet, pen, mouse and man does it make Photoshop work easier!

Purchased it from B&H and it came bundled with PSE4, some additonal brushes and some other goodies.

If you haven’t tried a tablet, I highly reccomend it.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
On PBase at www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AG
AKA gray asphalt
Jul 26, 2006
"Jay Beckman" wrote in message

Purchased it from B&H and it came bundled with PSE4, some additonal brushes and some other goodies.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ

Really. I’m not so sold. If you increase the size of the file it makes it easier to do fine work. Are you really happy or like me wishing it was better and trying to believe it really helps a lot. I guess I’m a downer, sorry.
JB
John B
Jul 29, 2006
Whilst I understand Gray Asphalt’s underlying point I would say I’ve had a Wacom tablet for over 3 years now and it really is a "must have" if you want to work on your photos re selections etc. Indeed I use the pen full time rather than the mouse for all my PC work.
I do accept that for 80% of my pics I can run the PSE workflow without selections and thus would not necessarily need the tablet but for those that require selections it is ideal.
Horses for courses.
JB

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ

Really. I’m not so sold. If you increase the size of the file it makes it easier to do fine work. Are you really happy or like me wishing it was better and trying to believe it really helps a lot. I guess I’m a downer, sorry.

AG
AKA gray asphalt
Jul 29, 2006
I really like the idea of the pad but really when you compare the ability to draw a relatively straight line using a pencil on paper to the same task on an Intuos, it make me wonder … It may very well be that I’m doing something wrong: a bad setting or too small of a pad or something else. I would really like to see some suggestions on how to improve the perceived sensitiviy of my Intuos 3.
: -)

"John B" wrote in message
Whilst I understand Gray Asphalt’s underlying point I would say I’ve had a Wacom tablet for over 3 years now and it really is a "must have" if you want to work on your photos re selections etc. Indeed I use the pen full time rather than the mouse for all my PC work.
I do accept that for 80% of my pics I can run the PSE workflow without selections and thus would not necessarily need the tablet but for those that require selections it is ideal.
Horses for courses.
JB

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ

JB
John B
Jul 31, 2006
I don’t think I can help – my tablet is an old Wacom Graphire I think and I suspect from what you are saying yours and your needs are more sophisticated than mine.
JB

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:
I really like the idea of the pad but really when you compare the ability to draw a relatively straight line using a pencil on paper to the same task on an Intuos, it make me wonder … It may very well be that I’m doing something wrong: a bad setting or too small of a pad or something else. I would really like to see some suggestions on how to improve the perceived sensitiviy of my Intuos 3.

Horses for courses.
JB

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Aug 1, 2006
I don’t think I can help – my tablet is an old Wacom Graphire I think and I suspect from what you are saying yours and your needs are more sophisticated than mine.
JB

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:

Horses for courses.
JB

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ

One thing is that using a pad is a lot more fun and it does feel like drawing, so much that I’ve often overlooked the shortcomings just to enjoy the idea of using it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections