S
Posted By
Sheldon
Jul 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I soften a portrait using Elements 2.0? I’d like a way so that it softens the entire image at once, and one where I don’t have to use a tool to "brush" over the image.

Thanks.

Sheldon

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
MCC
Jul 7, 2006
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:36:18 -0600, Sheldon wrote:

How do I soften a portrait using Elements 2.0? I’d like a way so that it softens the entire image at once, and one where I don’t have to use a tool to "brush" over the image.

Thanks.

Sheldon

Don’t know about Elements 2.0, but in Elements 4.0 it is Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur and select the number of pixels you want – no more than 5, I would suggest.

MCC
RG
Roy G
Jul 7, 2006
"MCC" wrote in message

How do I soften a portrait using Elements 2.0? I’d like a way so that it softens the entire image at once, and one where I don’t have to use a tool
to "brush" over the image.

Thanks.

Sheldon

Don’t know about Elements 2.0, but in Elements 4.0 it is Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur and select the number of pixels you want – no more than 5, I would suggest.

MCC

Hi there.

The best way with portraits is to make a Duplicate Layer and then Filter – Gaussian Blur it.

You can then vary the opacity of the blur layer, until you get the degree of softening you want.

Or even better you can Erase some Parts of the Blur Layer, so that you get fully sharp parts, such as eyes or lips in the final version.

Roy G
S
Sheldon
Jul 7, 2006
"MCC" wrote in message

How do I soften a portrait using Elements 2.0? I’d like a way so that it softens the entire image at once, and one where I don’t have to use a tool
to "brush" over the image.

Thanks.

Sheldon

MCC

Thanks. I think I’ve got it now.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections