Posted By
pa28_181
Jun 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi peoples..

Hope it’s not just me that having this problem – I currently have a G4 iBook with 10.4.6 on it, and PSE 3, along with iView Mediapro 3.1. I use iView to catalog my files, then use it to get PSE to edit them. Problem is, every day or two when you ask PSE to open the files, it switches to PSE, but the photo doesn’t load. Clicking on various menus reveals key options are greyed out, including Quit, Open, etc etc.. Force quitting is the only way to get rid of it, but when you load PSE again, even straight from the dock, it comes up with the same menus greyed out.

This also happens when double clicking on a file in Finder – PSE opens but never loads the images, and you can’t quit without Force Quitting.. the only way to restore it to operating properly is to restart the machine, which is a massive pain in the arse..

This problem first appeared on my Mac Mini when I upgraded to Tiger. Same problem on a fresh install of tiger on a fresh hard drive in my ibook ( yes, I have deleted PSE from the other machine first )

So, I guess it’s an incompatibility with Tiger, right?

Two questions:

1) Am I right about Tiger being the culprit
2) Will PSE 4 work better ????

If so, me go buy it right now :-0)

Thanks all..

Chris

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Roy G
Jun 27, 2006
wrote in message
Hi peoples..

Hope it’s not just me that having this problem – I currently have a G4 iBook with 10.4.6 on it, and PSE 3, along with iView Mediapro 3.1. I use iView to catalog my files, then use it to get PSE to edit them. Problem is, every day or two when you ask PSE to open the files, it switches to PSE, but the photo doesn’t load. Clicking on various menus reveals key options are greyed out, including Quit, Open, etc etc.. Force quitting is the only way to get rid of it, but when you load PSE again, even straight from the dock, it comes up with the same menus greyed out.

This also happens when double clicking on a file in Finder – PSE opens but never loads the images, and you can’t quit without Force Quitting.. the only way to restore it to operating properly is to restart the machine, which is a massive pain in the arse..

This problem first appeared on my Mac Mini when I upgraded to Tiger. Same problem on a fresh install of tiger on a fresh hard drive in my ibook ( yes, I have deleted PSE from the other machine first )

Two questions:

Thanks all..

Chris

Hi.

I keep getting told that using a Mac is so intuitive that it is very easy to do anything.

Looks like that was just another salesman giving out his spiel.

I vaguely recall another post with a very similar problem, but not having used a Mac for years, I did not bother too much about it.

Have you done a search on this group?

Roy G
R
RGT
Jun 27, 2006
wrote in message
Hi peoples..

Two questions:

Thanks all..

Chris

I’m running PSE 3 on a MacMini that has Tiger installed. Never had a problem like you have discribed. Post your question at this forum. There are some Mac users who may be able to help.

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/forumdisplay.php? f=3

RGT
P1
pa28_181
Jun 27, 2006
RGT wrote:
wrote in message
Hi peoples..

Two questions:

Thanks all..

Chris

I’m running PSE 3 on a MacMini that has Tiger installed. Never had a problem like you have discribed. Post your question at this forum. There are some Mac users who may be able to help.

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/forumdisplay.php? f=3

Thanks for that, I will.

I am surprised nobody else has reported the same problem, after all if it only happened on one machine I can almost understand it, but on two machines ????? Arrgghh!

Cheers

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections