T
Posted By
tede
Jun 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After several years of it playing nicely, I can no longer open Adobe Photoshop Elements. (Running Mac OS 10.2.8 and Photoshop Elements
2.0.)

When I now try to open Elements directly or via clicking on an existing document, I get an alert box that says, "Updating Adode Online components from Adobe.com."

"Downloading: File 1 of 2" takes a very long time… but — if sucessful — the alet box freezes on "Downloading: File 2 of 2" (for hours). (I have an always-on DSL connection.)

This second alert box says that file AWEDBFiles4.awe is being sent to Ted’s Mac:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Web

The location exists, but there is nothing in it.

The beachball keeps spinning for hours; "Cancel" does not respond.

Force Quit shows the application name in red.

Thoughts? Suggestions? TIA!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Rina
Jun 27, 2006
I have a Thought,
It’s looking for a download that doesn’t exist. Edit your preferences for AdobeOnline.
Edit>Preferences>AdobeOnline
Check for upgrades > select Never

Rina

"tede" wrote in message
After several years of it playing nicely, I can no longer open Adobe Photoshop Elements. (Running Mac OS 10.2.8 and Photoshop Elements
2.0.)

When I now try to open Elements directly or via clicking on an existing document, I get an alert box that says, "Updating Adode Online components from Adobe.com."

T
tede
Jun 29, 2006
Thank you!

I couldn’t find AdobeOnline (Although I remember seeing it in the past) — but I did find AdobOnlinePrefs and trashed the file. Everything now works fine.

Best! –TE

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections