Couple of nagging questions I have been meaning to ask…

BA
Posted By
Bob_A_Ianson
Oct 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I make a selection (lasso tool for example) and then maybe adjust H/S for this selection, once I complete the adjustment, my "marching ants" are no longer visible. Why can I still not see the area I selected with the lasso tool?

Can I modify an Action or must I recreate it?

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Oct 30, 2007
Just use Select > Reselect.
P
Phosphor
Oct 30, 2007
Or, click on the "Save selection as channel" icon at the bottom of the Channels Palette. That way, you can recall that same selection at any time in the future. Well, as long as you save the document with the alpha(s), anyway.
JJ
John_Joslin
Oct 30, 2007
I think the first way is better in an action.

<http://imageshack.us>
P
Phosphor
Oct 30, 2007
"I think the first way is better in an action."

Hmm…I just figured the question about the Action was the second part of the "couple of nagging questions" referred to in the thread title, and quite possibly unrelated to the first.
BA
Bob_A_Ianson
Oct 30, 2007
Unrelated to the first Phos. I have created an action that I want to modify but can not for the life of me, see how to do it. I know I can recreate it but a little modification would be a lot quicker.
JM
jeffrey_meyer
Oct 30, 2007
Bob,

EDITING ACTIONS: Try opening the actions pallet with button mode unchecked so you can see all the steps in the action. Double click on the step in the action you wish to edit and the original dialog box will pop up, just like editing a correction layer. For example: if your action contains a curves correction, double clicking "Curves" will open the curves dialog allowing you to make changes. When you say OK, the contents of that step will modify, reflecting your changes. You will need to have an appropriate image or new blank file open at the time.

MARCHING ANTS: If the selection is still active but just hidden, a quick way to get the ants back is to press the "Q" button on the keyboard twice (enter and exit Quick mask). If the selection is not active after the adjustment (which happens when using correction layers) saving as a channel is a great way to keep it available for later use, or "Reselect" if you just need it once more.
B
BLUDVLZ
Oct 30, 2007
You can also hit "Ctrl H" to hide or unhide the marching ants. This still keeps the selection active, but hides it from view so that you can get a clear shot of your image.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections