D
Posted By
drdave17
Oct 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed Hebrew fonts in Photoshop but how do I get the numbers I am using to appear as Hebrew font?

They still appear in the English number system.

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 30, 2007
You need to be using the middle eastern version of Photoshop for Hebrew fonts to work properly.
D
drdave17
Oct 30, 2007
guess that leaves me out.

But when I convert from English numbers to Chinese numbers online and paste it into Photoshop those do work ok.

Problem is, I need chinese, greek, hebrew, amharic, arabic and thai

Thanks
Dave
DB
David_Biddlecombe
Oct 30, 2007
I’ve never used Hebrew fonts so I don’t know if there’s something special about Hebrew fonts but you can use Chinese fonts, for example, in an English version of Photoshop, as long as you have the fonts installed on your system of course.

When you say you want the numbers to appear in a different language form then if you creat them in an ‘English’ font and then change to a different language font then it may not change them automatically, it depends how the font is organised and how the text was input. For example, most Chinese fonts will have characters for ‘English’ style numbers, Roman numerals and the various ways of writing the numbers using Chinese characters. You may need to choose the particular glyphs manually if they weren’t originally assigned to the correct character when the text was created. This is easier to do in Illustrator or InDesign if you have the Creative Suite as they have proper Glyph palettes.

I don’t know if this helps at all with Hebrew fonts.
L
LenHewitt
Oct 30, 2007
For any language that writes right-to-left you will need the Middle Eastern version, or a mirror-font for the language in question.
D
drdave17
Oct 30, 2007
Right but how do I get the mirror font?
L
LenHewitt
Oct 30, 2007
I would suggest a google search…
D
drdave17
Oct 30, 2007
Search for what?

If I do a search for mirror font all I get are mirror fonts.

If I do a search for greek mirror font there are no relevant results.

I would appreciate more details
L
LenHewitt
Oct 30, 2007
If I do a search for greek mirror font there are no relevant results.<<

Hardly surprising, Greek is not a right-to-left language…

I would appreciate more details<<

and if I could give you any I would.
D
drdave17
Oct 30, 2007
Ok thanks for the help

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections