D
Posted By
designforge
Oct 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m building sports graphics for an event that will be shot 16×9 SD, then upconverted to HD for simulcast. I’m wondering about my pixel aspect ratio for this since HD is square and SD is NTSC 0.9. I’ve found an additonal one for DV NTSC widescreen at 1.2.

The last time this was done was with an outside company. The graphics looked all stretched out wrong, circles were ovals, etc. I’m trying to avoid this.

Would anyone have any idea how to approach this from a graphics standpoint? How should I build this natively?

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DB
David_Biddlecombe
Oct 30, 2007
Well of course the best way to approach it is to shoot the original footage and create the graphics all in the same format/ratio as the final output but it seems that this is not possible for you? In terms of graphics only then, from my limited knowledge, I guess the best approach would be to up-res the footage to the output format before compositing, create the graphics in the format and aspect ratio of the final output and composite within that format.

You might find the people who hang out on the Premire/After Effects boards more knowledgeable in this area.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections