Posted By
Buko
Oct 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well its just like a PSD only bigger.

I would make sure that you give them a flat version, especially if it was created in a newer version.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PF
Peter_Figen
Oct 29, 2007
Why do you need to give them a file in that format? Unless there is a specific reason they need a layered file or you actually have a file over 4 gigs, then use a flattened tif. In any event, whenever you hvae a question like this, the absolute best thing to do is to pick up the phone and talk to the people who are going to be handling your file.
WC
william_craft
Oct 30, 2007
I will not know if I can use the .tif format until I get all the elements together. This project is a banner that will be 100"X300" so the file size has balooned. Each element that I will be using
averages 900+mb in size. I’ve talked to the service bureau but they seem a little unsure but if I can use the .tif I will. Thanks for the help.
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 30, 2007
Most printer drivers will not deal with a PSB file. As others say, use the format for your working file, and then flatten to a TIFF or PSD after all is built.
P
PECourtejoie
Oct 30, 2007
Where will it be seen from? Maybe assembling everything in an InDesign document is the way to go.
PF
Peter_Figen
Oct 30, 2007
You are probablly using far too high a resolution for a banner that big. You probably only need normal billboard resolution which is typically 20-30 dpi at final size. Again, check with your printer for the actual specs. You absolutely do not need 300 dpi or whatever you have right now.
P
Phosphor
Oct 30, 2007
I used to design and print billboards and large scale banners. If you’ve never done an inspection of Grand Format printer output you might be amazed at the quality they’re capable of even when fed 36 or 72 ppi files.

If your banner MUST be produced at such a high resolution, the solution is to create it at size on your computer, then break the whole file into fractional panels, creating separate files for each of the panels. The post-production department at billboard/banner print houses will then use a system of bonding agents and heat to literally weld the panels together—the process is like the way pipe dope works when you assemble PVC pipe joints.

Allow for at least 2" of image overlap on the panels (The printing company can tell you what they require) so there’s some flexibility in the way they align the separate panels during the welding process.

Speak to the printer about this kind of workflow.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections