T
Posted By
Travis
May 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe photoshop elements 4 and am reading a book tutorial that is for photoshop 7. But elements is 80/20 (80% the features of photoshop, 20% the price).

I noticed in the book they have a layer called reduce, and then they want me to press the layer mask button while that layer is selected. elements 4 does not have a layer mask button at all. As far as I know you can only use it with adjustment layers or something like that.

Is there a way I can do that? Or is that one of the 20% features that aren’t in elements that are in photoshop

-travis

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
Travis
May 15, 2006
should i be posting in alt.computer, 50,000 members can’t be wrong
C
chris
May 17, 2006
I’m fairly new to PSE4, but I believe that you’ve picked on one of the 20%ers. Note, however, that PSE4 has the ability to work around some of these (20%) features – someone with more experience will need to advise if this is possible in this case.

Cheers

Chris

PS I would have thought this is a better forum than the other you suggest.
LW
LeRoy Williams
May 18, 2006
Layer masks can be created in PSE4 by installing a third party plug-in. Google " layer mask photoshop elements" for web site.

Travis" wrote in message
I have Adobe photoshop elements 4 and am reading a book tutorial that is for photoshop 7. But elements is 80/20 (80% the features of photoshop, 20% the price).

I noticed in the book they have a layer called reduce, and then they want me to press the layer mask button while that layer is selected. elements 4 does not have a layer mask button at all. As far as I know you can only use it with adjustment layers or something like that.
Is there a way I can do that? Or is that one of the 20% features that aren’t in elements that are in photoshop

-travis
T
Travis
May 18, 2006
thanks, i do agree that this is a better group.

|Just look at the crappy response I got in alt.computer

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.computer/browse_thread/thr ead/871171ef66f724dc?hl=en

"Travis" wrote in message

-travis
C
chris
May 18, 2006
T
Travis
May 19, 2006
I should get adobe photoshop 7 or 8. which ever is newer. Can I download a trial version of it seperatly, or is it only part of the CS package (cs 2)
RG
Roy G
May 20, 2006
I should get adobe photoshop 7 or 8. which ever is newer. Can I download a trial version of it seperatly, or is it only part of the CS package (cs 2)

Hi.

Before you start thinking about getting the full Photoshop, (the latest is 9 or CS2 ), you should check out the price.

It won’t be a pleasant surprise.

Roy G
T
Travis
May 21, 2006
No, I’ll get CS2, the price isn’t a matter. Besides, I like adobe software.

"Roy G" wrote in message

Hi.

Before you start thinking about getting the full Photoshop, (the latest is 9 or CS2 ), you should check out the price.

It won’t be a pleasant surprise.

Roy G

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections