JS
Posted By
jason_signsnow
Oct 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Thanks for the info. I think BenVista is the route I’m going to take.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BO
Burton_Ogden
Oct 30, 2007
Jason,

Just so that you know, Genuine Fractals 5 priced at $159.95 can do everything that the $299.95 Genuine Fractals PrintPro 5 can, except handle CMYK files. BenVista’s PhotoZoom Pro 2, priced at $149, costs only $11 less than Genuine Fractals 5. All three products have downloadable demos that should give you a pretty good idea what they can do.

— Burton —
P
PeterK.
Oct 30, 2007
I’ve tried the bicubic sharper method and it doesn’t work. Down at the pixel level, bicubic smoother gives more desirable results.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1hhQQl0M7mzjhkTG6n YucqenfaV>

I think they were making a case that a print looks better with bicubic sharper, but then that could just be because the image is, um, *sharper*. You could just add a bit of sharpening after a bicubic smoother and get a slightly better result. As far as the pixel information is concerned, you get less stair-stepping, which means smoother edges, with bicubic smoother. Whodathunkit?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections