M
Posted By
MyVeryOwnSelf
Apr 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PSE 4.0, I’ve started making a slide show. I’m looking for information about a slide show’s file locations.

First, where is the data stored for keeping a slide show’s details? Is each slide show represented by a single file someplace, or is everything mashed together in a database? I looked at the places specified in Organizer’s "Files" preferences, but don

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
DotCom
Apr 15, 2006
Good luck in getting an answer on where the slide show files are stored. I asked this very same question and never got a response either. The software is very user friendly in how to create a slide show. Unfortunately, that’s about it! If you want to do anything else with the slide show other than just play it back on your computer FURGETABOUIT! You can save it to .pdf WHOOPIE and loose all the fancy stuff you just did to it or try and burn it. All I could make was coasters and I know it’s not my burner or media because I was able to do burn quite successfully in other software. I posted a question on that as well and never got a response. I HATE 4.0 and have trashed it and bought ProShow Gold which is excellent! I was never able to find out where the slide show file was stored and there is no option in the software to store it where you want to. this thing is pure JUNK! dotcom

"MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote in message
Using PSE 4.0, I’ve started making a slide show. I’m looking for information about a slide show’s file locations.

First, where is the data stored for keeping a slide show’s details? Is each
slide show represented by a single file someplace, or is everything mashed together in a database? I looked at the places specified in Organizer’s "Files" preferences, but don
M
MCC
Apr 15, 2006
I’ve never used PE4 to make a slide show before today so I thought I would give it a try. Easy Peasy!
Once the slide show is in your Photo Browser, open it and click on Output on the top of the window. This will give you the option to save it as a ..pdf or .wmv file. I chose .wmv. PE4 created the necessary file and stored it in the *My Videos* folder from where I was able to play it using Windows Media Player.

I didn’t try burning it to CD or DVD but I would think that would be quite easy once the slideshow is stored as slideshow.wmv or whatever you have called it, using whatever software you prefer, if PE4 doesn’t make a good job of it.

Obviously if after you’ve made a slide show, you then move the files in that slide show to different folders, no program is going to be able to find them 🙂 Much easier to *copy* the file to other folders rather than *move* it.

HTH

MCC
D
DotCom
Apr 15, 2006
that’s what I said!
Creating the slide show is easy and fun but that’s about it! Saving as .pdf or .wmv BIG WHOOP!
Now try to burn it to CD or DVD which is what most people would want to do and FORGETABOUTIT!
dotcom

"MCC" wrote in message
I’ve never used PE4 to make a slide show before today so I thought I would give it a try. Easy Peasy!
Once the slide show is in your Photo Browser, open it and click on Output on the top of the window. This will give you the option to save it as a .pdf or .wmv file. I chose .wmv. PE4 created the necessary file and stored it in the *My Videos* folder from where I was able to play it using Windows
Media Player.

I didn’t try burning it to CD or DVD but I would think that would be quite easy once the slideshow is stored as slideshow.wmv or whatever you have called it, using whatever software you prefer, if PE4 doesn’t make a good job of it.

Obviously if after you’ve made a slide show, you then move the files in that slide show to different folders, no program is going to be able to find them 🙂 Much easier to *copy* the file to other folders rather than *move* it.

HTH

MCC
M
MCC
Apr 15, 2006
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:40:39 -0700, DotCom wrote:

that’s what I said!
Creating the slide show is easy and fun but that’s about it! Saving as .pdf or .wmv BIG WHOOP!
Now try to burn it to CD or DVD which is what most people would want to do and FORGETABOUTIT!
dotcom

I have since successfully burnt the slideshow to CD using AE4 – no problems at all other than that the slides were smaller than I had saved them at.

I have also successfully copied the .wmv file to CD which is a quicker way to go, in my opinion.

MCC
D
DotCom
Apr 15, 2006
I have not had any luck burning to CD yet able to do so in other slide show programs. When you say you were able to burn a CD using AE4, is that the same thing as PSE 4 or is that another program?
dotcom

"MCC" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:40:39 -0700, DotCom wrote:

that’s what I said!
Now try to burn it to CD or DVD which is what most people would want to do
and FORGETABOUTIT!
dotcom

I have since successfully burnt the slideshow to CD using AE4 – no problems
at all other than that the slides were smaller than I had saved them at.
I have also successfully copied the .wmv file to CD which is a quicker way to go, in my opinion.

MCC
M
MCC
Apr 15, 2006
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:54:05 -0700, DotCom wrote:

I have not had any luck burning to CD yet able to do so in other slide show programs. When you say you were able to burn a CD using AE4, is that the same thing as PSE 4 or is that another program?
dotcom

Yes, Adobe Elements 4 – sorry, should have made that clear.

MCC
DI
Donna in Texas
Apr 16, 2006
I have successfully (sometimes) burned slideshows to CD using Nero. Burning through AE4 is easy to do, but I’ve had mixed results. (But I’ve had mixed results with Nero, too.)

The hide-and-seek feature of AE4 drives me crazy. But I end up being able to save it to my own location somehow. I don’t know why Adobe makes the file saving so proprietary.

I save the file as .wmv and then burn. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Sometimes the DVD will work on my TV DVD player but on not on the players of others (or vice versa). Usually they work on everybody’s computers, however. It was very frustrating, and I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Lots of coasters here, too. (All the DVDs are in the US, so it seems to me there should be some kind of compatibility, but I guess not..)

I will be creating another slideshow this week. I really look forward to the "burning in hell" process. :-/

Donna

"MCC" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:54:05 -0700, DotCom wrote:

I have not had any luck burning to CD yet able to do so in other slide show
programs. When you say you were able to burn a CD using AE4, is that the same thing as PSE 4 or is that another program?
dotcom

Yes, Adobe Elements 4 – sorry, should have made that clear.

MCC
M
MCC
Apr 16, 2006
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:38:11 -0500, Donna in Texas wrote:

I have successfully (sometimes) burned slideshows to CD using Nero. Burning through AE4 is easy to do, but I’ve had mixed results. (But I’ve had mixed results with Nero, too.)

The hide-and-seek feature of AE4 drives me crazy. But I end up being able to save it to my own location somehow. I don’t know why Adobe makes the file saving so proprietary.

I save the file as .wmv and then burn. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Sometimes the DVD will work on my TV DVD player but on not on the players of others (or vice versa). Usually they work on everybody’s computers, however. It was very frustrating, and I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Lots of coasters here, too. (All the DVDs are in the US, so it seems to me there should be some kind of compatibility, but I guess not..)
I will be creating another slideshow this week. I really look forward to the "burning in hell" process. :-/

Donna

To save myself from the lots of coasters syndrome I now use DVD+RW disks. If it doesn’t work the first time, I just re-format the disk and try again – cheaper in the end!

MCC
C
citizwp
Apr 19, 2006
You can test to use this program. A new tool to create photo and video slideshow and burn on DVD/VCD.
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow/download.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections