RJ
Posted By
Ryan Jensen
Oct 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey! I want to move Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom. How does Adobe handle this? I looked a little bit here, but didn’t come up with anything!!!

Help. Thanks…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John_Joslin
Oct 24, 2007
You have to contact Adobe for a cross-grade of the license.

There may be a charge for it.

Or run Windows on your Mac.
G
gowanoh
Oct 24, 2007
I would be curious as to why you would move to a Mac if you have an investment in Windows based software and hardware.
There are lots of perfectly good reasons to hate Windows, especially Vista, but the truth is that the Apple OS is inherently as problematic and governed by arbitrary conventions and subject to memory/resource handling issues. It is not structurally more secure than Windows, recent studies show it to be less so, simply less subject to attack because of its small user base. CS3 is identical, except for different names for some control keys, on both platforms.
There is far more software and hardware for Windows, including many plug-ins that only run on Windows.
Color management is no more effective on the Mac, except in the imagination, and there is less hardware available for the purpose.
While some Mac notebooks, which probably are based on the same generic Asian parts as Windows notebooks, are priced competitively Mac desktops for the most part are seriously overpriced mid-level Intel hardware with video displays that are packaged to look better than they objectively perform. Lots of sizzle but not much steak.
Caveat emptor.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections