R
Posted By
Roger
Apr 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to the program (and the group) and was playing around with a picture of a ripe (yellow) banana on a red background, practising changing colours by using the magic selection brush tool and the hue slider. I also inverted the selection to work on the background colours. In other words, I’m still taking my first steps.

During the course of this, I selected the banana (with none of the red background) and pressed Smart Fix. I thought this would modify the yellow slightly, perhaps making it more intense. What in fact happened was that the banana turned green — the exact shade of an unripe banana. Is there a reason for this?

I do of course realise that the results of the Smart Fix must be assessed and either accepted or rejected. It has certainly made a great improvement to some of my landscape pictures which had a slight blue haze.

Roger

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
luk
Apr 8, 2006
Roger wrote:

I am new to the program (and the group) and was playing around with a picture of a ripe (yellow) banana on a red background, practising changing colours by using the magic selection brush tool and the hue slider. I also inverted the selection to work on the background colours. In other words, I’m still taking my first steps.
During the course of this, I selected the banana (with none of the red background) and pressed Smart Fix. I thought this would modify the yellow slightly, perhaps making it more intense. What in fact happened was that the banana turned green — the exact shade of an unripe banana. Is there a reason for this?

I do of course realise that the results of the Smart Fix must be assessed and either accepted or rejected. It has certainly made a great improvement to some of my landscape pictures which had a slight blue haze.

Roger

This is probably not the answer you’d like, but
I’ve never found that the "auto fixes" in Elements suit me. I much prefer to do my own thing.
If you go to "adjust lighting" and "levels", then click the RGB arrow, you can manipulate
color to your heart’s content.

Luk

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections