Reconnecting entire directories at a time.

DH
Posted By
DougM.Home
Apr 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK, I know I should have probably used the PSE move function, but I did not. I moved a directory (that accidentally got imported to the wrong partition) with a few hundred photos in it.

When I run the reconnect function, it seems to only search the partition that the photos were orginally imported to. When I use the browse function to switch to the right partition, then reconnect finds the right file and proceeds with each picture fine.

The only point is that this takes about four mouse clicks per photo x a few hundred photos = very tidious.

Is there any what to reconnect an entire directory at a time … or tell the reconnect function to look in other partitions?

thanks
dougm

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Richey
Apr 5, 2006
"" wrote in
news::

OK, I know I should have probably used the PSE move function, but I did not. I moved a directory (that accidentally got imported to the wrong partition) with a few hundred photos in it.

When I run the reconnect function, it seems to only search the partition that the photos were orginally imported to. When I use the browse function to switch to the right partition, then reconnect finds the right file and proceeds with each picture fine.

The only point is that this takes about four mouse clicks per photo x a few hundred photos = very tidious.

Is there any what to reconnect an entire directory at a time … or tell the reconnect function to look in other partitions?
thanks
dougm

You are probably better off highlighting all the broken links in the browser, then use the get photos menu item to re-import the lot. If they have tags etc attached, these will all remain attached to the pictures. It should be a darn site quicker than having to re-connect each one individually.
R
Richey
Apr 6, 2006
Richey wrote in

"" wrote in

thanks
dougm

You are probably better off highlighting all the broken links in the browser, then use the get photos menu item to re-import the lot. If they have tags etc attached, these will all remain attached to the pictures. It should be a darn site quicker than having to re-connect each one individually.

Somehow some of text seems to have disappeared. I meant highlight the broken links and delete them from the catalog. Then use the get photos function to re-import them all, complete with their tags.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections